Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

WestJet to purchase Boeing 787-9 Dreamliners

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WestJet to purchase Boeing 787-9 Dreamliners

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by 5mm
Is the YYZ a rev flight? If so, that is very quick!
It’s heading to YYZ for some touch time with the maintenance, TAC, and Airports teams there, followed by the first Inflight teams.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 4:35 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
I love the look of the livery..
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by cyralax
Do we know what routes familiarization flights are going to be on?
Originally Posted by YYCguy
YYC/YYZ
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...t-in-feb-2019/

eff 20FEB19 WS655/670
eff 08APR19 WS669/662
Old Jan 17, 2019, 10:33 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Neat video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJaNoqYagcw&feature=youtu.be

What stands out as being different from AC is the window that you can open between the business class seats in the center bank. A definite improvement over the AC offering.
tcook052 likes this.

Last edited by Fiordland; Jan 18, 2019 at 10:13 am
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: Qantas Silver, MileagePlus Silver
Originally Posted by Fiordland
Neat video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJaN...ature=youtu.be

What stands out as being different from AC is the window that can you can open between the business class seats in the center bank in Business class. A definite improvement over the AC offering.
Did he wear that jacket on purpose?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by Heffeh41
Did he wear that jacket on purpose?
Richard always has his own style, I’m sure it was very deliberately chosen, as was his hair gel. When it comes to the WestJet culture of “don’t take yourself too seriously’
Heffeh41 likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 10:59 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by aerobod

Richard always has his own style, I’m sure it was very deliberately chosen, as was his hair gel. When it comes to the WestJet culture of “don’t take yourself too seriously’
Oh, not an attempt to match the colour scheme of the new seats or a sneak peak at the new uniform.....
Heffeh41 likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 3:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Fiordland
Neat video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJaN...ature=youtu.be

What stands out as being different from AC is the window that you can open between the business class seats in the center bank. A definite improvement over the AC offering.
Indeed, he referred to it as a privacy screen. Very nice feature.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 3:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Old Jan 19, 2019, 10:07 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Nice video here of "Clive Beddoe" (tail 901) being towed out of the WestJet's apron, doing a dual-engine startup, and taking off from 17R in YYC.

Old Jan 20, 2019, 11:05 am

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum
Saw the tour video of new westjet livery. Economy looks fantastic, with good space and nice headrests.
Even when the VP marketing was lying flat in the pod though, could tell he wouldn't be able to turn side to side because of the tray table location- the only thing I wished westjet would have modified in their pods.
Looking forward to trying YYC-DUB this yr!
Old Jan 20, 2019, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by YVRYEGYVR
Saw the tour video of new westjet livery. Economy looks fantastic, with good space and nice headrests.
Even when the VP marketing was lying flat in the pod though, could tell he wouldn't be able to turn side to side because of the tray table location- the only thing I wished westjet would have modified in their pods.
Looking forward to trying YYC-DUB this yr!
The tray table shouldn't get in the way, it slides and folds away, the same as on the Air Canada 787s, as they both use the same B/E Aerospace pods.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 8:16 pm

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum
Originally Posted by aerobod
The tray table shouldn't get in the way, it slides and folds away, the same as on the Air Canada 787s, as they both use the same B/E Aerospace pods.
The tray table always seems in my way, on 777 and 789s. Much worse on the former, but still an issue. I thought they would go for another style where the table is hidden elsewhere to really maximize sleep turning space
Old Jan 20, 2019, 9:23 pm

The tray table always seems in my way, on 777 and 789s. Much worse on the former, but still an issue. I thought they would go for another style where the table is hidden elsewhere to really maximize sleep turning space
Not really anything I’ve seen that is much different, it isn’t anything the airlines can change, it is dependent on the seat manufacturer’s certification for various protrusion and g-force requirements.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 9:51 pm
5mm
Suspended

I like this style of table. I find better than any other style.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.