Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Check-in and seat selection connecting from DL to WS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2017, 1:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Disc

I have an upcoming trip where I'll be connecting from a DL flight to a WS flight at LGA. The flight was booked through Delta (marketed and ticketed by Delta) as a single ticket.

My questions are:

- Will I be able to check in for the entire itinerary via Delta's website?

- While I know I can't get a seat selection in advance via Delta's website for the WS-operated flight, will I be able to do that at check-in? If not, will I need to call WS before or after checking in with Delta to get a seat assignment?

Sorry if this is a duplicate... I saw a number of threads addressing Delta codeshares onto WS metal, but didn't see much about how things work when it's an actual Delta flight connecting to a WS codeshare (and, thus, the initial check-in is with Delta.)
Old Mar 28, 2017, 12:18 pm

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.
You can check-in and get boarding passes for your entire itinerary when you check-in with Delta and you can do your seat selection through the WestJet website at 24 hours from the departure of the WestJet segment but if you want to do a paid upgrade to Plus you will have to do that at the gate.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 4:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Disc
Ok, great, thanks. I assume I need to call DL to get the WS record locator in order to select the seat on Westjet's website?
Old Mar 29, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by vbscript2
Ok, great, thanks. I assume I need to call DL to get the WS record locator in order to select the seat on Westjet's website?
Not necessarily. 4 years ago I had some Westjet codeshares booked through Air France. When I called Westjet with a question about the Westjet legs, the very helpful CSR was able to find the necessary booking code given the AF code and my personal information. She gave me the Westjet code in case I needed to call again. It was (as usual) a very positive interaction with a Westjet CSR.

As always, YMMV.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 6:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IME DL phone agents frequently aren't able to give you the other carrier's PNR. It works better to call the operating carrier for the flight, in this case WestJet, and also to check at that time that they see not only the reservation but also a ticket. When you call, be prepared to give them your flight number, date, and (DL 006-) ticket number.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.
Originally Posted by vbscript2
I flew on a DL ticketed WS segment in October and I am pretty sure I just used my DL PNR. I don't recall requesting anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.