FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   WestJet | WestJet Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/westjet-westjet-rewards-606/)
-   -   Westjet Gold Advisory Council (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/westjet-westjet-rewards/1828392-westjet-gold-advisory-council.html)

CanuckFlyHigh Mar 9, 2017 1:20 pm

Westjet Gold Advisory Council

Did anyone else receive this?

Hello, with your input, WestJet Rewards can be even better.

As a highly-valued WestJet Rewards member, I want to extend this personal invitation for you to join our Gold Advisory Council. This is a new forum, where you get to tell us what we’re doing right and what you would like to see changed. By joining, you’ll have a chance to let us know about program enhancements you’d like to see implemented. And, you can expect to be invited to complete short surveys and discussion forums on specific topics. Your participation will help us make WestJet Rewards the best airline loyalty program in North America.

Your input is critical to ensuring that WestJet Rewards continues to make meaningful enhancements. We look forward to welcoming you to the advisory council. Think of it as becoming an honorary WestJetter!

Join the Gold Council link

CanuckFlyHigh Mar 9, 2017 1:25 pm

I filled out the survey and got this message:

Thank you for taking the time to complete our profiling survey!

Confirm your membership

A confirmation email will be sent to the email address that you provided. Please follow the instructions to confirm your membership and participation in the WestJet Rewards Gold Advisory Council.

This is an exclusive community for Gold WestJet Rewards members to share their experiences and opinions with WestJet. Membership and access to the Council is by invitation only.

Your feedback is important to us. If you have any questions about the survey or any comments, please feel free to email us at xxx

Sincerely,

The WestJet Rewards Gold Advisory Council Team

Symmetre Mar 9, 2017 5:02 pm

I got it too, completed the initial survey, and agreed to participate in focus groups. I'm interested to see where this goes.

CanuckFlyHigh Mar 9, 2017 8:04 pm

I like to brag that they made their most recent decision - to keep Golds at 5% cashback rather than restarting every year - because of me. I bet I sent 20 emails and filled out 20 surveys with the exact same comment haha

PilotTobe Mar 9, 2017 8:27 pm

This is great news! Glad to see they're listening to guests comments!

mahasamatman Mar 9, 2017 10:30 pm

My wife got an invitation.

HomerJ Mar 10, 2017 11:45 am

Not me...

...2 years Gold. Guess I'm not as special as the rest of you. :)

Frequentlander Mar 10, 2017 4:10 pm

1 Attachment(s)
I'm Gold but got a completely different survey.

It says it's going to take me 25 minutes.....:rolleyes:

SKYEG Mar 13, 2017 11:56 pm

I'm on WS right now PHX-YYC and the guy across the side from me was talking to me about this. Says it's pretty interesting and they do listen. I tried status matching WAS good but their promo is over. Should hit it this year so it'd be cool to get the offer

CanuckFlyHigh Mar 14, 2017 6:44 am

So far this just looks like a glorified way to get their best customers to answer surveys, but I agree, they do listen.

By way of reference, I have been earned (spend) Gold since day 1 (and top tier for whatever it was called before that).

keitherson Mar 14, 2017 12:35 pm

Make them join an alliance.

SKYEG Mar 15, 2017 4:44 pm

Still hoping they join Oneworld... Would make Gold or even Platinum this year with AA i fso, just because of all this WS flying. Love all the non stops to the US! Have flown them just as much as UA/AC this year.

keitherson Mar 15, 2017 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by SKYEG (Post 28042316)
Still hoping they join Oneworld... Would make Gold or even Platinum this year with AA i fso, just because of all this WS flying. Love all the non stops to the US! Have flown them just as much as UA/AC this year.

They are much more likely to join Skyteam than oneworld.

Westjet feeds KLM/Air France more than British Airways in Canada (I think)

And the fact that at LAX Westjet is moving to Delta's terminal instead of AA says a lot..

SKYEG Mar 15, 2017 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by keitherson (Post 28042335)
They are much more likely to join Skyteam than oneworld.

Westjet feeds KLM/Air France more than British Airways in Canada (I think)

And the fact that at LAX Westjet is moving to Delta's terminal instead of AA says a lot..

Hmmm that does make sense. I haven't kept up with their codeshares except for when they first starting doing them with AA. I'd be fine with Skyteam too!

All they really need to do is tear out their 3/3 Plus seats, throw in some domestic J style seating and they are good to go! That with skyteam/ow alliance would make them almost a viable competitor to AC for the domestic market at least.

Symmetre Mar 15, 2017 6:13 pm

I'd be thrilled if WestJet were to join Skyteam. My overseas flights are all on KL and KE.