Wiki Posts
Search

Baggage Cart "Tidying" at Halifax YHZ

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2016, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Yes, I belong.
Originally Posted by WR Cage
The WS checkin agents and care ambassadors at YHZ have bag tagging, bag handling, and keeping the check-in area clear as part of their job duties. In this instance the checkin agent should not have told the passenger to take the carts back out to the curbside (or wherever the carts were supposed to go.
After the renovations were completed in the past 12-18 months, nearly all pax at YHZ are responsible for their own checkin, tagging, and bag handling (a special bag drop scans the bag tag, weighs the bag, and a conveyor belt takes it away). There's 1-2 agents per 8-10 checkin kiosks, similar to the self-checkout area at a grocery store. Returning the carts to the terminal doors requires the pax to move "upstream" and navigate around other pax.

Whoever designed this system or the new process didn't consider that pax would have empty luggage carts at the end of the process. Or, if they did consider the carts, assumed that the airline or airport staff would handle them. If the intention was for pax to return their own carts, that places a lot of faith in the complacency/compliancy of pax -- and creates a hostile experience.

I feel I should note that I'm not lazy; I work hard for my clients, who expect me to "get the job done". When flying (usually to/from work sites), I readily pay extra for preferred/desirable seats, food on board, etc. -- the last thing I want to do is "work" at the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.