Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

How long to receive companion voucher?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2016, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Hello there! I'm just wondering... The WestJet website states that if you are approved for the credit card it will take 4-6 weeks for the 250 bonus rewards as well as the companion voucher to appear in your account. Have you found this to be the case?

We are looking at booking at flight over Christmas, and if we have to apply for the card and then wait 6 weeks for the voucher, that may be cutting it close as the flights may sell out before then.

Thanks for any insight here!
Old Sep 5, 2016, 9:57 am

My personal experience the Westjet dollars and companion pass posted within 2-3 weeks of being approved.
Old May 15, 2017, 11:05 am

Is it still that slow?
Old May 17, 2017, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by sokolov
Is it still that slow?
It seems to be still that slow.

I applied and received my RBC Westjet World Elite MasterCard about 3 weeks ago.

I activated the card on the same day as I picked it up and also made a purchase on the same day.

I still have not received the $250 welcome bonus and companion voucher.

I surmise that they are tied to the statement cycle.
Old May 18, 2017, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by Clipper801
It seems to be still that slow.

I applied and received my RBC Westjet World Elite MasterCard about 3 weeks ago.

I activated the card on the same day as I picked it up and also made a purchase on the same day.

I still have not received the $250 welcome bonus and companion voucher.

I surmise that they are tied to the statement cycle.
Update - 18/5/2017

The $250 Welcome bonus + purchases, as well as the companion voucher are all in my Westjet account this morning.

The card was picked up/activated on 24/4/2017 and first purchase was made on the same day. My first statement is dated 16/5/2017. My previous assumption is correct that one'd receive the welcome bonus as well as the companion voucher with the first statement. RBC requires applicants to attend at one of their branches to collect the credit card in person.

I don't think one may combine Westjet dollar with the companion voucher to purchase a ticket.
Old May 18, 2017, 10:18 am

I don't think one may combine Westjet dollar with the companion voucher to purchase a ticket.
You can combine, but you can not use westjet dollars for Taxes or fees (like the $99 fee for companion or seat selection).
Old May 18, 2017, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by cgyroof
You can combine, but you can not use westjet dollars for Taxes or fees (like the $99 fee for companion or seat selection).
Clipper801, cgyroof is telling you good things. We got the card last year and by January with the welcome bonus, monthly spend and the companion voucher, I managed to book myself and my kid YHZ-LGW for about $800 out of pocket for the two of us (total). It was AWESOME.

Have fun.
Old May 18, 2017, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by cgyroof
Thanks! I am new to this.

Originally Posted by coastgirl
Clipper801, cgyroof is telling you good things. We got the card last year and by January with the welcome bonus, monthly spend and the companion voucher, I managed to book myself and my kid YHZ-LGW for about $800 out of pocket for the two of us (total). It was AWESOME.

Have fun.
^I am planning to use this voucher for a trip to Florida in early 2018. Being able to use both the companion voucher and Westjet dollar on the same trip is great. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.