Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Checked in but won't allow printing boarding passes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2016, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Air, Flying Blue, United, Air Canada, Aeromexico

I checked in on line for WS 2650 for tomorrow but at the end of the process it says "You have successfully checked in -- see an agent at guest assistance on arrival to the airport" and no boarding pass could be printed.
Tried several times, same outcome - called WS customer support they said they cant make the application print boarding passes so the only thing remaining is to go to the airport and stay in line.
Anybody else with similar experience or has anyone any advice on how to print the boarding passes?
Old Jun 24, 2016, 7:40 am

It may just require your passport to be scanned. Try the kiosk first and see if it will print it for you.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Air, Flying Blue, United, Air Canada, Aeromexico
Originally Posted by Ace Cdn
It may just require your passport to be scanned. Try the kiosk first and see if it will print it for you.
An what would be the reason for this requirement. Is it random? The whole point of online check-in for me is to skip the lines at the airport.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 7:59 am

Programs: AA Plat
Common issue for international flights. Passport check. Not just westjet.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by ticu
An what would be the reason for this requirement. Is it random? The whole point of online check-in for me is to skip the lines at the airport.
it is the airline's responsibility to ensure you have correct documentation. Some airlines won't print your boarding pass until your documents are verified where as others will let you print it but then you must see an agent before you are allowed to board a flight. Either way you have to stop somewhere. Chances are better that you won't have to wait for a kiosk or if you do it won't be very long.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 4:12 pm

I get that often, on various airlines. At other times, they check the docs at the gate.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 11:19 pm

Programs: TK*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Did you SSSS?
Old Aug 17, 2016, 7:37 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
That almost always happens to me when I'm leaving Las Vegas (wasn't that a movie title?)...Anyhow, you can usually just scan your passport at the kiosk and print the boarding pass without lining up to see an agent. In most other places, they just check my passport at the gate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.