Time Needed to Connect in Terminal 3

Old Mar 13, 16, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Lifetime Gold
Time Needed to Connect in Terminal 3

I haven't flown WestJet in years but I have a flight from YHZ that arrives at YYZ at 20:24 on the 29th March to connect with a BA flight that is scheduled to leave at 21:50. It seems really tight for the connection? I would be interested in your views and any advice on the ins and outs of manoeuvering through Terminal 3.

Also, does anyone have a view and experience on the reliability of that WestJet flight (275) getting to YYZ on time? I understand the variability of weather at this time of year so I am considering moving the flight solely on that issue (flights were arranged for me without my input).

Also, my seats weren't selected for the WestJet flight and the ticket says that I have to do that at the airport. Is there a way to do it in advance - I assume that it means paying extra?

Thx

Last edited by belky15; Mar 13, 16 at 5:58 pm
Old Mar 13, 16, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Lifetime Gold
I just found information on the Pearson site that seems to indicate that it is a relatively simple process to get from the domestic to the international gates in Terminal 3 as compared to the long walk at Terminal 1.
Old Mar 13, 16, 6:05 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus
Originally Posted by belky15 View Post
I haven't flown WestJet in years but I have a flight from YHZ that arrives at YYZ at 20:24 on the 29th March to connect with a BA flight that is scheduled to leave at 21:50. It seems really tight for the connection? I would be interested in your views and any advice on the ins and outs of manoeuvering through Terminal 3.

Also, does anyone have a view and experience on the reliability of that WestJet flight (257) getting to YYZ on time? I understand the variability of weather at this time of year so I am considering moving the flight solely on that issue (flights were arranged for me without my input).

Also, my seats weren't selected for the WestJet flight and the ticket says that I have to do that at the airport. Is there a way to do it in advance - I assume that it means paying extra?

Thx
You can choose your seat for free at the 24hr mark at OLCI. Even if you want an exit row it will be free.

I only have experience transiting domestically at T3 so perhaps someone else can chime into whether that short amount time will work for you. Personally I would change my flight to an earlier time but IIRC there are not many YHZ-YYZ flights with WS during the late afternoon/evening so you may have a long wait at YYZ (which isn't terrible).
Old Mar 15, 16, 7:52 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Ive done a WS to BA connection, that one is perfectly fine, i wouldn't worry

Search this Thread
Search Engine: