Plus Upgrade Voucher Usage

Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:03 am

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
I am currently on a flight to YWG right now. On an expensive Flex fare. Upgraded to Plus at check-in. I find that when I book a fairly high flex fare I am usually upgraded 50% of the time. Rarely am I upgraded on an econo fare, but it happens. I would say of my last 30 flights since January, I have been upgraded about 30% of the time.
How did you check in ... web, via the app, or at the airport?

Any idea if those upgrades are system-generated versus "check-in agent" generated?
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:51 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by FlyerJ
How did you check in ... web, via the app, or at the airport?

Any idea if those upgrades are system-generated versus "check-in agent" generated?
Always checking in via the web or app. Never at the airport. I usually check in around T-18 to T-12
Old Jul 28, 2017, 9:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Just checked in for a flight tomorrow. Plus was 100% available. My wife got the free bump, but I didn't. Bummer.

Should I have waited to check myself in to see if they eventually gave me the Plus seat?
Old Jul 31, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Just checked in for a flight tomorrow. Plus was 100% available. My wife got the free bump, but I didn't. Bummer.

Should I have waited to check myself in to see if they eventually gave me the Plus seat?
Did you book the same fare bucket? I am not sure there is a science to this - but we can all try to collectively figure it out
Old Aug 5, 2017, 6:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Did you book the same fare bucket?
I actually had a more expensive ticket, but I'm guessing it may have been because I was on a multi-person PNR with people from work. They did give me Plus at the gate and mentioned that the others wouldn't get the same benefit.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:35 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
The way it is set up currently, airport agents cannot/will not do free upgrades for Gold to Plus, unless you have a voucher or you pay $$$.

A free Gold upgrade is always done pre-checkin by the "system". (whatever that means)

No Gold number on booking = no free upgrade.

And if you add your Gold number after check-in = too late.

That's the way it is.

It's bad.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.