Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westjet approved for TSA Pre-Check

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2017, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Frequentlander
Yes. That's how it works with a number of other airlines.
Which other airlines? All the ones I've used to date (AA, UA, AC, AS) have all permitted the Trusted Traveler number to be inserted on one's main profile and thus is automatically assigned to all reservations and boarding passes without being inserted at OLCI.

Even six months after WS introduced adding the number at OLCI, it has not adopted a standard system used by other approved airlines. Will we be seeing this permanent profile insertion during 2017?
Old Jan 1, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Which other airlines? All the ones I've used to date (AA, UA, AC, AS) have all permitted the Trusted Traveler number to be inserted on one's main profile and thus is automatically assigned to all reservations and boarding passes without being inserted at OLCI.

Even six months after WS introduced adding the number at OLCI, it has not adopted a standard system used by other approved airlines. Will we be seeing this permanent profile insertion during 2017?
My poor grammar fails me again. I mean to say that yes, most other airlines allow you to put the number in at OLCI.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 11:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Frequentlander
My poor grammar fails me again. I mean to say that yes, most other airlines allow you to put the number in at OLCI.
The vast majority of airlines let you put in your profile so you don't need to re-enter it for every flight. That's a much better system, but apparently beyond WestJet's third-world IT capabilities.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 7:39 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
For the past while Mrs Sopwith and I have automatically received pre-check on WS flights. Not sure what resulted in this (Nexus?), but ^. Today I checked in as usual, Mrs Sopwith got it and I didn't.

Any idea?
Old Jan 28, 2018, 9:16 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Originally Posted by Sopwith
For the past while Mrs Sopwith and I have automatically received pre-check on WS flights. Not sure what resulted in this (Nexus?), but ^. Today I checked in as usual, Mrs Sopwith got it and I didn't.

Any idea?
After I posted this it dawned on me that my ticket was booked through RBC using Avion points, hers was a cash sale, so that might have been the difference. In any event, the agent at the bag drop was able to fix it after looking at my Nexus card ^.

Now all I need to do is get Mrs. S off the SSSS hit list in YVR .
Old Jan 15, 2020, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by WestJet
To clarify for everyone who may be wondering, the option to add your known traveller number is not currently offered during the booking process on westjet.com, in your WestJet profile or in the manage bookings section.
This appears to still be the case four and a half years later. A friend is making a US to Canada booking and there's a field for TSA Secure Flight info including Redress Number, but nothing about Known Traveller Number. Or are we missing something?
Old Jan 15, 2020, 6:11 pm

If you have a Westjet account - under account-settings/travel-documents you can add any or all of:

- Passport
- Nexus
- KTN
- Country of Residence
- Permanent Resident Card ID
- Redress Control #

TSA-Pre just popped-up automagically for me on a recent YVR-PSP round trip.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 7:56 pm

KTN has been available in the WestJet profile for over 2 years now, prior to that it was added at OLCI.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Hawaiian717
Or are we missing something?
You're missing something. My trip to LAS it even offered me the option of travel documents, NEXUS or passport.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 3:53 pm

Thanks, I’ve passed the info on. They hadn’t created a profile.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Hawaiian717
Thanks, I’ve passed the info on. They hadn’t created a profile.
Which does create a huge impediment accuracy-wise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.