Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Westjet status match back on and easy renewal for existing Golds

Westjet status match back on and easy renewal for existing Golds

Old Nov 1, 2015, 1:10 pm

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by Retired FF
My wife and I both received gold status through status match and have taken 2-3 round trip flights on Westjet and have two more scheduled before the year end. Neither of us received an offer for an extension of our gold status by taking another flight or $ spend.
Was this promo for ALL current gold or by invitation only!! Any one found a way to get 'invited'!!
Originally Posted by capebretonboy
I thought it was open to all current gold members. But because it was sent by email, perhaps it was invite only. Maybe Darren can clarify.
I too thought it was opened to all current Gold members simply by the way it is written in the offer: "As a current Gold tier member, you've been pre-registered to extend your Gold status through...". My interpretation is that all you need to be eligible for this offer is a current Gold status.

If this is not the case, the wording should be changed to something more personalized and it should clearly indicate that it is a targeted offer such as "You have been selected for an offer to extend your Gold status..."

Clarification would indeed be welcomed.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 1:17 pm

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by DNAwizard
I too thought it was opened to all current Gold members simply by the way it is written in the offer: "As a current Gold tier member, you've been pre-registered to extend your Gold status through...". My interpretation is that all you need to be eligible for this offer is a current Gold status.

If this is not the case, the wording should be changed to something more personalized and it should clearly indicate that it is a targeted offer such as "You have been selected for an offer to extend your Gold status..."

Clarification would indeed be welcomed.
My suggestion is you first look and see if your profile is checked to accept promotions. I was status matched last year and assumed this was geared at status match who did not fly enough so when i saw this online i called to ask about it and why i did not get it. I assumed there was a logical explanation in that i got a new WJ number in 2015 when i got the credit card they merged my old number and during the process several pieces did not carry over and had to be manually put in- like my travel bank, etc and my membership date moved to 2015. The option to receive promotions was also not carried forward and not noted by me- i never got the email. But when i called and finally got through to the second level of guest services that knew of this promotion, the guy just told me i was not obviously the intended recipient and too bad. I asked him to investigate and he refused saying it was marketing decision and would comment no further other than it was not intended for me. He basically accused me of trying to get something i was not entitled to. I noted the promotion box was unchecked after the call. Couldn't give a darn about that gold anymore as after dealing with this guy WJ goes to the last resort when i book my flights once i use up the travel bank and companion flight.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 11:07 am
Company Representative: WestJet

Programs: WestJet Rewards
Originally Posted by Globex
If I already used up my 4 advance seat selection vouchers from the last Gold status match, will this get me 4 new ones or is this just a pure extension of the past Gold match? and I just get the Gold benefits (checked bags, priority boarding) until end of 2016?
Yes, you will get four new advance seat selection vouchers.

My wife and I both received gold status through status match and have taken 2-3 round trip flights on Westjet and have two more scheduled before the year end. Neither of us received an offer for an extension of our gold status by taking another flight or $ spend.
Was this promo for ALL current gold or by invitation only!! Any one found a way to get 'invited'!!
Status match is open to anyone and everyone.

A fast-track for existing Teal and Silver members offer has been extended to certain members but is not a publicly-advertised or available. There is no way to get invited into this offer. Sorry!

~Darren
Old Nov 8, 2015, 5:22 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Originally Posted by WestJet
Status match is open to anyone and everyone.
A fast-track for existing Teal and Silver members offer has been extended to certain members but is not a publicly-advertised or available. There is no way to get invited into this offer. Sorry!~Darren
Thanks, Darren, for the clarification.

I (too) was confused by the targeted nature of the promo. Last week, I called the WS contact centre and the agent asked if I received the invite (I did not). Then I saw the full page ad in the G&M which makes it clear its open to everyone.^^
Old Nov 9, 2015, 5:06 pm

Programs: Bonvoy-lifeime Titanium,Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Thanks, Darren, for the clarification.

I (too) was confused by the targeted nature of the promo. Last week, I called the WS contact centre and the agent asked if I received the invite (I did not). Then I saw the full page ad in the G&M which makes it clear its open to everyone.^^
Now I am really confused. I have not seen the G&M offer so NOT sure IF I have been already registered. I am sitting here in YYZ waiting for a flight to LAS, which supposedly would have been enough to extend my gold status till December 31, 2016. I guess I will have to call WJ and check.
On another note, I was supposed to connect ( flew in from YOW this morning to Toronto) to the 11:30 A.M. flight to Vegas but the 8:00 a.m. Ottawa flight went mechanical and the process of getting every one to the next flight took so long that even the 9:50 a.m. Yow-YYZ flight was delayed by about 40 minutes. With very little chance of making the 11:30 connection in YYZ, I asked the agent IF I should just stay back in YOW and take an afternoon flight to YYZ to make the only other connection leaving YYZ at 8:35 p.m. There were ten or so of us and we were told that they will hold the YYZ -LAS for us in YYZ given that we might be 15-20 minutes late. I ran like hell after reaching YYZ only to find that the flight left on time and we missed it by 15 minutes. So we have been sitting here for for the past 7 hours with another couple to go before the next flight. Was not impressed with the communication between WS in Ottawa and Toronto....
Old Nov 9, 2015, 6:10 pm

Programs: MR Plat
Thanks Darren! Received along with the Gold extension and vouchers used already!
Old Nov 12, 2015, 11:01 am

Now I am really confused. I have not seen the G&M offer so NOT sure IF I have been already registered. I am sitting here in YYZ waiting for a flight to LAS, which supposedly would have been enough to extend my gold status till December 31, 2016. I guess I will have to call WJ and check.
There are two current offers:
1. Status match - this is open to all tier members of another North American airline. You must register for it. If you hadn't registered before your flight, please register for the offer at http://www.westjet.com/getgold then send us a PM so we can retroactively apply your Toronto to Las Vegas flight toward this offer and get you Gold status for the next 12 months.

2. Fast track - this offer is a private offer and isn't advertised. It was sent to a specific group of guests. Registration was required for this offer if it was mailed to you.

Hope this helps,
Darren

On another note, I was supposed to connect ( flew in from YOW this morning to Toronto) to the 11:30 A.M. flight to Vegas but the 8:00 a.m. Ottawa flight went mechanical and the process of getting every one to the next flight took so long that even the 9:50 a.m. Yow-YYZ flight was delayed by about 40 minutes. With very little chance of making the 11:30 connection in YYZ, I asked the agent IF I should just stay back in YOW and take an afternoon flight to YYZ to make the only other connection leaving YYZ at 8:35 p.m. There were ten or so of us and we were told that they will hold the YYZ -LAS for us in YYZ given that we might be 15-20 minutes late. I ran like hell after reaching YYZ only to find that the flight left on time and we missed it by 15 minutes. So we have been sitting here for for the past 7 hours with another couple to go before the next flight. Was not impressed with the communication between WS in Ottawa and Toronto....
Sorry to hear you had a negative experience. Nobody wants to sit around in airports all day when you've got places to be. Please send our Guest Relations team a note at http://fly.ws/wsFeedback and they'll look into what happened.

Thanks,
Darren
Old Nov 12, 2015, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
If you hadn't registered before your flight, please register for the offer at http://www.westjet.com/getgold then send us a PM so we can retroactively apply your Toronto to Las Vegas flight toward this offer and get you Gold status for the next 12 months.
Just discovered this version, though the T&Cs require the flight to be at least 10-days before traveling. My next WS flight is tomorrow so guess it's too late to apply?

---------------------------------

Email confirmation of match received within 24-hours so seems the 10-day advance is not a deal breaker.

Last edited by Shareholder; Nov 13, 2015 at 6:57 pm
Old Nov 13, 2015, 1:03 am

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)
I think I mentioned this in another thread, but I am all booked YYC-YOW (return) in December on WestJet and I look forward to using (hopefully) my plus upgrade vouchers. Will make for quite a nice ride cross country!
Old Nov 19, 2015, 1:33 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
I'm really only interested in flying on the WS763's in plus seating. Once the fleet gets bigger I may consider doing a match. Until then I'll stick with AC and their pods.

If I had done a match last year I would have never flown WS, and it been a waste of time. I wonder how many did the match and still didn't take a single WS flight?
Old Nov 20, 2015, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Just discovered this version, though the T&Cs require the flight to be at least 10-days before traveling. My next WS flight is tomorrow so guess it's too late to apply?
Well it's not really a "version." It's... just... umm... please send me your details by PM.

, nudge nudge.

Originally Posted by capebretonboy
I think I mentioned this in another thread, but I am all booked YYC-YOW (return) in December on WestJet and I look forward to using (hopefully) my plus upgrade vouchers. Will make for quite a nice ride cross country!
Hope you enjoy your flight!

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
I'm really only interested in flying on the WS763's in plus seating. Once the fleet gets bigger I may consider doing a match. Until then I'll stick with AC and their pods.

If I had done a match last year I would have never flown WS, and it been a waste of time. I wonder how many did the match and still didn't take a single WS flight?
Throwing a suggestion out here - maybe put in your status match request then find a way to fly with us by the end of December. Maybe a transcon on the 763, or even just a short hope between provinces. There's no guarantee we'll offer status match again in the future so might as well jump in while you can.

Cheers,
Darren
Old Nov 20, 2015, 4:58 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)
Quote:
Throwing a suggestion out here - maybe put in your status match request then find a way to fly with us by the end of December. Maybe a transcon on the 763, or even just a short hope between provinces. There's no guarantee we'll offer status match again in the future so might as well jump in while you can.

Cheers,
Darren
A good idea, Darren, would be to extend status match for 2-3 more years to really build up the program
Old Nov 23, 2015, 11:38 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
I am in the "pending" state for the status match ... my AC status was sent in almost a month ago, and was approved subject to me taking a WestJet flight. I took two flights (to/from Vegas) last weekend (Nov 13/16), but my account does not reflect those flights yet.

I don't have a good sense for how long it takes flights to get processed and appear online ... I'm happy to keep waiting if it just takes time, but I was a little surprised that nothing has appeared yet; is there a rule of thumb about how long it takes?
Old Nov 23, 2015, 2:11 pm

Programs: MR Plat
Originally Posted by canopus27
I am in the "pending" state for the status match ... my AC status was sent in almost a month ago, and was approved subject to me taking a WestJet flight. I took two flights (to/from Vegas) last weekend (Nov 13/16), but my account does not reflect those flights yet.

I don't have a good sense for how long it takes flights to get processed and appear online ... I'm happy to keep waiting if it just takes time, but I was a little surprised that nothing has appeared yet; is there a rule of thumb about how long it takes?
All over the place for me... I've had some within 3 days and some within 2 weeks. In some instances, if I flew A-B-C, I would get B-C posted before A-B.

If by 2 weeks, you don't see it, you can fill out that missing rewards form on My Westjet. They seem to respond pretty quickly for those.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 3:35 pm

I read somewhere it can take up to 30 days to update.

Originally Posted by canopus27

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.