Latest WestJet Rewards offers

Old Oct 21, 2015, 11:57 pm
Original Member

Programs: Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
You don't earn WS dollars on themselves. Only on paid flights, including travel bank credits, but not WS dollars.
Do you know if you receive DL or AA mileage on flight purchased with WS dollars?

Thanks
Old Oct 22, 2015, 4:46 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
You don't earn WS dollars on themselves. Only on paid flights, including travel bank credits, but not WS dollars.
What a silly implementation. Since every fare available for using on WS dollars on WS's site is a revenue fare, then, they ought earn miles, or at least on the cash portion. Especially if you redeem just a small amount and cover the rest by credit card, like the majority of transactions. What Westjet is saying is that even if you used $5 of WS dollars towards a $500 base fare, you will get nothing, even on the $495 worth of base fare you paid.

Delta's miles + cash redemptions earn full miles since the miles are being used exactly like dollars in that regard and book directly into revenue classes.
Originally Posted by Rad456
Do you know if you receive DL or AA mileage on flight purchased with WS dollars?

Thanks
Ironically, probably so. Partners do not differentiate between award and revenue bookings on Westjet because they are ALL based on revenue fares. You can see it straight on SABRE.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 8:03 am

Programs: MR Plat
Originally Posted by keitherson
What a silly implementation. Since every fare available for using on WS dollars on WS's site is a revenue fare, then, they ought earn miles, or at least on the cash portion. Especially if you redeem just a small amount and cover the rest by credit card, like the majority of transactions. What Westjet is saying is that even if you used $5 of WS dollars towards a $500 base fare, you will get nothing, even on the $495 worth of base fare you paid.
I've earned WS dollars on a flight that was partially covered by WS dollars. I used about $100 on a $500 total fare.

Based on what I can see on the Westjet Rewards website, I earned WS dollars on the portion of the fare that was covered by cash.

Ex. Fare was $400 + $XX taxes, I used $100 WS dollars. On the activity tab, it says one flight was $200 fare ($2 WS dollars), and the return was $100 fare ($1 WS dollar)
Old Oct 22, 2015, 10:48 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by Globex
I've earned WS dollars on a flight that was partially covered by WS dollars. I used about $100 on a $500 total fare.

Based on what I can see on the Westjet Rewards website, I earned WS dollars on the portion of the fare that was covered by cash.

Ex. Fare was $400 + $XX taxes, I used $100 WS dollars. On the activity tab, it says one flight was $200 fare ($2 WS dollars), and the return was $100 fare ($1 WS dollar)
That is correct. You earn on what you pay cash with, and you dont earn on what you pay WS dollars with.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 10:57 am

Programs: Qantas Silver, MileagePlus Silver
For all those who collect RBC Avion points, WS has a 20% bonus when converting to WestJet dollars. The conversion can be done on the RBC rewards website.

Cheers
Old Oct 22, 2015, 11:55 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by Globex

OK. Hopefully that cash earning portion of the ticket will let me qualify for this challenge then. ^ If not, then oh well.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 10:18 am

westjet rewards

Tried to book YEG/PVR during 2 day seat sale Oct 20-21. Nothing listed, nothing available. Bait and switch perhaps?
Old Nov 13, 2015, 8:14 pm

Programs: WS Gold, SPG Plat, Nexus, HDC Gold, CCarlson Gold, HHonors Diamond,
40% off in Canada if booked by Nov.15th and fly by mid-Dec. I checked my usual rates and the discounts look legit. I've got about 8-10 flights in the next 30 days so this is good timing.

http://www.westjet.com/guest/en/deal...code:canada-40
Old Nov 14, 2015, 4:32 pm

Programs: WS Gold, SPG Plat, Nexus, HDC Gold, CCarlson Gold, HHonors Diamond,
Just booked my 8 flights before the deadline and saved quite a bit, so appreciate the deal.

However, is there something that can be done regarding ease of booking, as it is atrocious. I am unable to use the promo codes through the app (my preferred booking method). I also see that when I use my iPad to book through the website that if I log into my account I can't use he promo codes when booking either.

This meant that I had to enter in my personal info and credit card info every... single... time... for eight bookings. That is an utter waste of time. Please allow us to enter promo codes through the app.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 4:45 pm
Company Representative: WestJet
Original Poster

Programs: WestJet Rewards
Enjoy $250 bonus WestJet dollars per couple when you register and book WestJet Vacations at select Starwood Hotels & Resorts in Hawaii.

Book by November 24, 2015 (11:59pm MT).

Details: http://wja.co/StarwoodHawaii.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 4:17 pm

Programs: ua S, marriott P, hilton G, ihg P
One little suggestion: can you create a wiki on top, so that we can see all the promotions in one place?

Thanks!!
Old Nov 24, 2015, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Will look into this for you in the next week or two.

In the meantime, we've extended the WestJet Vacations/ Starwood offer:

The book and register date has been extended to December 10, 2015, at 11:59 p.m. MT.
The travel dates have been extended to April 30, 2016.

In summary:
Book and register by: December 10, 2015 (11:59 p.m. MT)
Travel period: November 16-December 15, 2015 and January 7-April 30, 2016.

Cheers,
Darren
Old Dec 6, 2015, 10:03 am

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K
I signed up for the Gold status fastrack promotion which I believe came into effect Sept 24, 2015. I flew the flight that put me over $1,500 in spending on Nov 2, with it posting Nov 9. How long is it supposed to take for my status to be recognized?

I have a flight Dec 8 and 9th, would be nice to get the Gold benefits on those flights.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 10:08 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, WS Gold, Hertz PC, NationalEE, Hyatt Explorist, IHGGold, BW Diamond
Clarification on Eligible Spend when paying portion with WS Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globex View Post

That is correct. You earn on what you pay cash with, and you dont earn on what you pay WS dollars with.

Need official clarification on this. I booked a fare using a portion of WS $$'s and now am told that the entire fare does not count towards my eligible spend ($446 Base Fare - used 90 WS Dollars). That eliminates my Fastback to Gold.

Anybody?
Old Dec 15, 2015, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Only the "cash" portion of your base fare counts toward your eligible spend. As with all loyalty programs we know of, the redeemed portion doesn't hold any new value.

Cheers,
Darren

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.