Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Plus vouchers? New Gold benefits on their way?!

Plus vouchers? New Gold benefits on their way?!

Old Oct 19, 2015, 4:02 pm

Programs: WS Gold, SPG Plat, Nexus, HDC Gold, CCarlson Gold, HHonors Diamond,
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Anyone else get theirs? I still havent in calgary.
Not here yet either, but I had assumed that's because I live in the middle of nowhere. Interesting to see you haven't seen yours in Calgary yet.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 4:06 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Haven't received mine in Calgary, either. I'm hoping it gets here in time for my flight on Friday!
Old Oct 19, 2015, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
Haven't received mine in Calgary, either. I'm hoping it gets here in time for my flight on Friday!
I'm in Calgary as well, nothing at my place either.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 12:22 am

Programs: M&More FF - Finnair Plus - Flying Blue Gold - Westjet Gold
Nothing from Westjet in my mailbox here in Ottawa's region.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 1:34 pm

Programs: AC E50K, TK Elite
Nothing here in Edmonton either
Old Oct 22, 2015, 4:58 pm

Programs: AC SE
Just got mine in YYC today to find mine waiting for me.

Ironically, I'm just getting home from a trip where I flew WS and could have used a voucher, but don't have any other WS trips planned before the vouchers expire. Disappointing that they are sending them out so late in the year with such a short expiry date (especially when the original communication said they would be sending them out in the SPRING).
Old Oct 23, 2015, 6:06 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Still nothing for me in Calgary. I'm flying tomorrow, on what is likely my last set of flights on WestJet for the year. Also disappointed that the vouchers are coming so late in the year.

This reminds me of the days of paper upgrade vouchers on AC, before eUpgrades!
Old Oct 23, 2015, 8:31 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hilton, DL, AC Gate Lice, WS, UA
Care package received in YYC.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 9:18 am

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)
I got my package earlier this week! I just booked a flight YYC-YOW for work. I usually exclusively fly AC for work.

Question about the plus vouchers: does anyone know if I get successfully upgraded to plus will I receive a refund of my econo fare advance seat selection fee?
Old Oct 24, 2015, 10:24 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
Still nothing for me in Calgary. I'm flying tomorrow, on what is likely my last set of flights on WestJet for the year. Also disappointed that the vouchers are coming so late in the year.

This reminds me of the days of paper upgrade vouchers on AC, before eUpgrades!
Yes, reminiscent of AC upgrade vouchers, just with a much shorter expiry date. At least the AC vouchers typically had a reasonable timeframe to use them in (i.e. typically a year).
Old Oct 24, 2015, 4:22 pm

Programs: WS Gold, SPG Plat, Nexus, HDC Gold, CCarlson Gold, HHonors Diamond,
Originally Posted by capebretonboy
Question about the plus vouchers: does anyone know if I get successfully upgraded to plus will I receive a refund of my econo fare advance seat selection fee?
No refund of seat selection fee if a voucher is used, or if you pay for the LMU. (WS had the answer on their Twitter feed)
Old Oct 25, 2015, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Nothing in central Canada either. Seems marketing squandered what could have been some major incentives to book fall and winter travel, including holiday Christmas/New Years flights, by getting kits out as all the new ads and promotion for Plus seats started up last month. Odd to see how many non-receipts there have been in Calgary proper...let alone the rest of the country.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 11:43 am

Nothing here in downtown Toronto. I ensured my address was updated correctly way back in April.

WS has set up a new webpage with more information on timelines, and where you can report non-receipt of a package: Gold Welcome Package

Their promised deadline for package receipt is October 31st in metropolitan areas for those who achieved gold prior to July 9, 2015.

With just 5 business days left to fulfill that promise, we'll see... Given the number of non-receipts to date (and the fact that some outliers in this thread received packages as early as two weeks ago), I think WS might be setting themselves up for a lot of missing package reports.

I wonder if original vouchers will be voided if a package is reported as not received, and then shows up late.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 12:15 pm

Programs: AC*100K MM, HHonors Diamond
Received in YXE last week. Nice package but will be difficult to use the vouches before the expiry date.
And Hawaii is excluded - which is where WJ may have got my business.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 2:49 pm

Do people who got Gold status through Fast Track qualify for the care package?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.