Wiki Posts
Search

Westjet Gold Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2014, 9:35 am
Company Representative: WestJet

Programs: WestJet Rewards
Originally Posted by Sopwith
Mrs. Sopwith is NOT happy! She wants to know what Westjet has against her?
We love her!

Originally Posted by Sopwith
Hey, Darren...I just looked at the voucher. The fine print at the bottom says, "Valid for one entry for member only. Non-transferable; an additional voucher may be used for a guest/companion only when travelling with member."
So much so, that we'll honour what's stated on our website, not the misinformation I provided last week!
Old Dec 17, 2014, 9:32 pm

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
Posting time for WS Rewards

How long does it typically take for Rewards credits to hit the WS rewards account?

I flew YVR-WYG on Dec 11th and back on the 12th. No credit to the WS Rewards account yet.

Rewards # was on the BP and all that good stuff.

FL

Last edited by Frequentlander; Dec 17, 2014 at 9:33 pm Reason: Typos...
Old Dec 21, 2014, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Frequentlander
How long does it typically take for Rewards credits to hit the WS rewards account?

I flew YVR-WYG on Dec 11th and back on the 12th. No credit to the WS Rewards account yet.

Rewards # was on the BP and all that good stuff.

FL
Your account (WestJet dollar accrual and qualifying spend balance) within 30 days of travel.

Cheers,
Darren
Old Dec 23, 2014, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Applied for my WestJet Status match yesterday and went online today and saw I have been upgraded from Teal to Gold. Nice to see the fast service.

Returned the compliment by booking a flight to YQM in January.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 8:13 pm

Programs: AS 75k, Starwood
Thank you
Old Jan 9, 2015, 6:27 pm

Programs: AC*E75, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Flying WestJet for the first time in a couple of weeks from YQR-PHX. Applied for the status match and got it 24 hours later. Awesome turnaround. Looking forward to the flight now.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 6:38 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Already flown 3 WS flights since my match. At this rate, I'll re-qualify for gold!
Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Are you AC guys on here still gunning for your AC status and then crediting additional flights to WS? I'm still thinking about my strategy. I want to hit E50K again (could give a rats a** about hitting E75K again, and then thinking about if I want WS gold again next year which would be about 2 months spend...
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:36 pm

Programs: AC*SE, Marriott Plat, Natl Exec, NEXUS
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Are you AC guys on here still gunning for your AC status and then crediting additional flights to WS? I'm still thinking about my strategy. I want to hit E50K again (could give a rats a** about hitting E75K again, and then thinking about if I want WS gold again next year which would be about 2 months spend...
My strategy is going to be to divert my flights early in the year to WS to evaluate the experience. With a particular focus on using WS where AC rouge flies. Use the lounge passes. See if they can consistently deliver what I'm looking for. I know that AC E50 has more benefits outright than WS Gold, but the combination of Rouge, the benefit reduction and AC's general attitude are driving this.

I have a reasonable view of my future travel and so when I reach the point where I'm close to only having enough flights left to achieve E50 on AC, I'll make a call. If WS can deliver, I'll worry less about AC status. I'll maintain E35 on AC for baggage and priority boarding. And keep WS Gold. WS will become my airline on rouge routes (about half my travel) and AC as appropriate domestically and internationally.

If WS doesn't deliver, I'll have the opportunity to return to AC (a bit grudgingly) with the ability to have E50. And a bit wiser about the alternatives.

I'm also throwing some paid J at AA this year as a test.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 7:45 pm

Programs: AC*E75, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I told myself this year that direct flights are going to be a priority. I should be able to hit 50k and westjet gold if it's anything like last year if I enjoy this flight. No more dumb connections to stay on ac/united only.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 11:08 pm

Programs: AMEX Aeroplan Platinum, Westjet World Elite M/C, Hhonours, SPG
I took a photo of my boarding pass and emailed it to the westjet address for status match and it was almost instant. It should be handy since I have the westjet mastercard (and its almost necessary to have a VISA or MC when you have Amex since half of places dont accept amex).

Anyway, really fast promotion to Gold. I love the simplicity of the Westjet dollars. Booked a flight with them recently and it was so easy to know what I was getting and it could be used anywhere. Aeroplan is so damn complicated, I never know what the value of what I have is or how I can use it.

That said, the flight experience is generally better on Air Canada. Better planes, better movies, option to upgrade to business. I think Westjet is on the wrong track with their weird video system. Some channels are availble by sattelite for a bit, then then cut out, then some movies play on their own time, but not on demand, and still yet you can slide a credit card for other movies ... in flight entertainment is important to me and Westjet is fumbling that ball.

But, I am going to give westjet more of a chance this year. Flew Westjet last week and Air Canada this week, and other than better staff and an easier to understand frequent flyer program they dont win on many levels.

Kudos to the booking staff though, I used the partner flight and so I called in and the people making the booking were total pros. Used all my credits to buy one ticket, and then that accrued some credits in my account and then they used that to save me money on the partner flight ... and they did it so fast and kindly
Old Jan 22, 2015, 1:44 pm

Programs: WS Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, AC 100K, INtercontinetal Ambassador, Avis Prefered Plus
Hey Superangrypenguin,
I hit AC E75 this year and gives me no more benefits than E50 from what I can see and AC Rouge is such a poor airline to fly.
I saw the Westjet status match and decided to give Westjet another try and so far I am liking it and have at least 6 flights booked in the next 30 days. The on line flyertalk Westjet guy Darren has gone above and beyond to keep me satisfied with a few small glitches I have experienced ....so as far I am concerned they are well on there way to earning my loyalty, the only problem is no servuce to YXH so can't give them 100% yet. So I am going to go for AC E50 only this year and the rest is going to Westjet at least thats the plan for today, would be nice if Westjet had a higher level beyond Gold.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by virtualfellow
I took a photo of my boarding pass and emailed it to the westjet address for status match and it was almost instant. It should be handy since I have the westjet mastercard (and its almost necessary to have a VISA or MC when you have Amex since half of places dont accept amex).

Anyway, really fast promotion to Gold. I love the simplicity of the Westjet dollars. Booked a flight with them recently and it was so easy to know what I was getting and it could be used anywhere. Aeroplan is so damn complicated, I never know what the value of what I have is or how I can use it.

That said, the flight experience is generally better on Air Canada. Better planes, better movies, option to upgrade to business. I think Westjet is on the wrong track with their weird video system. Some channels are availble by sattelite for a bit, then then cut out, then some movies play on their own time, but not on demand, and still yet you can slide a credit card for other movies ... in flight entertainment is important to me and Westjet is fumbling that ball.

But, I am going to give westjet more of a chance this year. Flew Westjet last week and Air Canada this week, and other than better staff and an easier to understand frequent flyer program they dont win on many levels.

Kudos to the booking staff though, I used the partner flight and so I called in and the people making the booking were total pros. Used all my credits to buy one ticket, and then that accrued some credits in my account and then they used that to save me money on the partner flight ... and they did it so fast and kindly
Thanks for giving us the chance to welcome you on board. Just a note about our old entertainment system of LiveTV. It's actually being phased out and a Wi-Fi-based system is being rolled out in its place. It's on two aircraft already but won't be live for a few weeks yet while we wait on Transport Canada approval. Watch this space! Or this space: http://blog.westjet.com/new-inflight...fi-on-westjet/.

Originally Posted by ewok22
Hey Superangrypenguin,
I hit AC E75 this year and gives me no more benefits than E50 from what I can see and AC Rouge is such a poor airline to fly.
I saw the Westjet status match and decided to give Westjet another try and so far I am liking it and have at least 6 flights booked in the next 30 days. The on line flyertalk Westjet guy Darren has gone above and beyond to keep me satisfied with a few small glitches I have experienced ....so as far I am concerned they are well on there way to earning my loyalty, the only problem is no servuce to YXH so can't give them 100% yet. So I am going to go for AC E50 only this year and the rest is going to Westjet at least thats the plan for today, would be nice if Westjet had a higher level beyond Gold.
I read that as "I am concerned they are well on there way to earning my loyalty" which I thought was funny until I re-read it. We wouldn't find that concerning at all. ~Darren
Old Jan 24, 2015, 1:34 am

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)
Penguin: I am still going to shoot for AC status this year, I may have 15 segments before March which is a lot for me. Going to go for E50K again this year.

That said, I do want to try a test run on WS this year. Maybe up to YEG, maybe for the YEG FT do. We'll see. I haven't flown them since 2006 but I would like to give their new product a try (plus seating if available at check in, Encore, etc.)
Old Jan 24, 2015, 6:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by capebretonboy
Penguin: I am still going to shoot for AC status this year, I may have 15 segments before March which is a lot for me. Going to go for E50K again this year.

That said, I do want to try a test run on WS this year. Maybe up to YEG, maybe for the YEG FT do. We'll see. I haven't flown them since 2006 but I would like to give their new product a try (plus seating if available at check in, Encore, etc.)
Agreed. I thought I was going to be a segment hopper, but now with 3x trips to Regina and SEA and YEG/YYC, I probably will hit 50K on AQM. After that, most likely WS.

I hope WS takes my suggestion of now calling it premium economy on the plus purchases. I can't slide them under an expense and get away with it. B fare on AC - yep, but I can't expense plus

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.