Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westjet Gold Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2014, 11:04 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Originally Posted by Sopwith
Darren, WestJet replied this morning, I got sorted out and submitted the request.
Confirmation received yesterday - 1 week.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 9:52 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K 1MM, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
I submitted a request today. I will use this for my travel within Canada, which should add up to $6K with any luck. AA is working out well for my transferred flights, did my first 4 segments this week. It will be nice to have a WS option as well. Still can't believe AC ha lost my business this quickly (although I am on AC to PHL tomorrow on my NA FP).
Old Nov 12, 2014, 8:43 am
Company Representative: WestJet

Programs: WestJet Rewards
Originally Posted by keitherson
Will there be a fancy card or anything in the mail?
We keep things environmentally friendly and guest friendly, too. Everything is tracked electronically so there's no need for a card at this point in time. One less thing to carry with you.

Originally Posted by Premiere Elite - YEG
I'm an 8 year Super Elite and went for the match, if you can really call it that. More watered down match. WestJet was very quick and I received the Gold status today just in time for my YLW to YEG afternoon flight. My thoughts:
+boarding process and communication was excellent
+Inflight communication and service was simple and professional. Nothing amazing.
- Seat comfort is poor. Was seated in the plus seats and there are major issues for me and my 6 foot and 175 pound skinny body. The seat cushion is not comfy at all and it seems much shorter in length than all of AC's fleet. I was glad it was such a short flight.
- The seat armrests house the tiny inflight controls and while being a nuisance to adjust, they are also very uncomfortable as armrests with sharp plastic ridges.
- Table tray was loaded with cookie crumbs.
- IFE was obviously not in the same league either.

I will use them again for a couple more flights this month to really see what things are like, but I surely won't attempt to cross the country or border in one if those seats are all alike.
Thanks for trying us out and sharing your feedback. Most of your concerns about in-flight comfort and amenities will be sorted out as we re-fresh our cabin interiors. Our first aircraft to receive new IFE is in the shop just now, and the first aircraft with the new seats rolls off the production line early next month. Watch this space!

Originally Posted by pmnut
Hi Darren, can you answer a question? I'm thinking about making a higher priced purchase (Flex or Plus) to get me to the $1500-by-Jan-31 level and Gold status (will be great for 2015!). Does getting to Gold by Fast Track award me the companion flight ticket to anywhere WestJet flies, like the 'normal' level benefit does? Also, I was just a bit short of the Silver level anyways - at the very least I should still be awarded the companion flight to anywhere in Canada, correct?
You bet! Fast Track gets you straight to Gold and you'll enjoy all the benefits as if you came through the regular process.

Safe travels, friends!
Darren
Old Nov 12, 2014, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA PREMIER GOLD, AC*E25K, Best Western Diamond, Marriott Gold, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by WestJet
The turnaround time has grown a bit (we're thrilled ). Right now we're at about seven days.

Cheers,
Darren
11 days and still showing as Teal on the WS website....
Old Nov 12, 2014, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by number10blade
11 days and still showing as Teal on the WS website....
Growing a bit more. The update we received this morning was that we're at about two weeks. Still well within the 30-day promise. Hopefully a match coming your way by the end of the week.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 8:36 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Just logged in and saw that my status match went through. Thanks!
Old Nov 15, 2014, 11:04 am

1 SE and 2 35K's status matched within 48 hours.
Thank you!
Old Nov 15, 2014, 9:39 pm

Westjet Gold Status Match

requested 1.5 weeks ago, nothing yet

on another note just wanted to say thanks for great service recently from lga-yyz

was on DL ticket with a WS segment. wanted to SDC and called DL who asked for 318 dollars

decided to check with WS counter as a long shot. great check in agent offered to do it free of charge

not sure if this is standard practice but I am honestly impressed. as a super elite on air Canada I don't even get this type of service...ask me to pay for every little thing.

so for a non status to get something like this done for no charge is highly appreciated
Old Nov 18, 2014, 10:43 pm

Does the companion voucher come with a status match or only after $6000 spend?
Old Nov 20, 2014, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA PREMIER GOLD, AC*E25K, Best Western Diamond, Marriott Gold, NEXUS/GE
Growing a bit more. The update we received this morning was that we're at about two weeks. Still well within the 30-day promise. Hopefully a match coming your way by the end of the week.
Nope...still Teal at 19 days post-status match submission.....
Old Nov 21, 2014, 3:34 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Submitted mine Nov 15. Matched on Nov 17.

Bravo!

Looking forward to doing some trans-border flights with Westjet.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 7:44 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
I'm Gold too! No email notification, I submitted the request on the 18th and just checked online for the first time today.

- also just checked Mrs. Tax Dude, submitted request on the 20th, also Gold online now.

Last edited by Tax Dude; Nov 22, 2014 at 7:54 am
Old Nov 22, 2014, 7:49 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by tracon
Does the companion voucher come with a status match or only after $6000 spend?
The companion voucher is a "Milestone Award", not a Gold Benefit so you need to spend $4,000 according to this list of benefits.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by number10blade
Nope...still Teal at 19 days post-status match submission.....
Still waiting, Number10blade? Please send us a private message with your details so we can look into this for you.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 11:17 am

Still waiting, Number10blade? Please send us a private message with your details so we can look into this for you.
PM sent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.