Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westjet Gold Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2014, 8:26 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K, Marriot Lifetime Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by ffsim
Just to be clear, I didn't receive a confirmation email... I logged into my account and noticed that I had achieved Gold Tier.
Still at Teal. Although it's a very pretty color.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 8:29 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Excellent - just logged in and saw my gold status as well, with lounge vouchers now available.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 9:12 am
Company Representative: WestJet

Programs: WestJet Rewards
Originally Posted by traveldog
Am I the only one having problems trying to decipher the terms and conditions?

First of all I read (in the terms and conditions):

2014 or 2015 top tier status with another Canadian airline is defined as having achieved status through the equivalent of a minimum 25,000 qualifying miles or a minimum of 25 qualifying flight segments in that program during a calendar year.

then I see:

All status levels above the minimum qualifying miles or flight segments required to achieve status with the airline are eligible for this Promotion.

So which is it?

Does a Prestige Altitude member (ie 25,000 AQM) qualify for this program? Or does the status match only apply at the Elite level (ie. over 25,000 AQM)?
It should read "at or above." Anyone who has 25,000 miles or more will be issued Gold status.

Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
Just submitted my status match. Ever since I made Air Canada Elite status (and later E50K) seven years ago, I've only been on WestJet once. Looks like that's about to change in 2015!
Welcome aboard, King Chung Huang! Let us know how you like your first (OK, second) WestJet experience.

Originally Posted by FlyerJ
To Westjet: thank you for the status match opportunity!! This is awesome, and the almost immediate response to my request blew me away. Unlike AC's typical 30 day turnaround to any inquiry with a form letter, my match was confirmed amazingly fast. With Gold status and with a great selection of nonstops ex YYC, I'm yours.

My one request: the gap in the program is lack of reciprocal benefits with your partner carriers, specifically AA and DL. My travel takes me places that your partners go to, but that you don't. Are you planning to add earning ability and reciprocal benefits with your partners?
We like to make life easy on our guests, which means answering the phone quickly and reply to all correspondence in a timely fashion.

We're the first to admit the program is quite young and the first to point out there are plans for further development and evolution in the future. As you can imagine, there's been a lot of manpower dedicated to the creation of the tiers program, and once the dust settles we'll be in a much better position to start working on some of our future plans. Wouldn't suggest refreshing your inbox hourly to wait for news, but in time, yes, there will be more fun things to add into the mix.

Originally Posted by YYCYYZ
I'm submitting my Status Match today.

Darren - one question - I'm looking at moving to AA's FF program for my international travel (BA/CX/QF mainly), so if I fly on WJ but credit my points to AA do I still get the benefit of Gold on WJ?
The benefits of Gold require your WestJet ID/ WestJet Rewards number to be in your booking, so you'll have to choose which program you'll put in which reservation.

Not sure if too many of you have found it, but there is a guest-friendly version of all the terms and conditions of each benefit at http://westjet.com/tierbenefits

Originally Posted by woohooo
I'm a rookie here. I flew enough that I will qualify for AC 35k this year, but most of my travel in 2015 is going to be to YYC and the westjet Gold status would be a huge benefit for me.

When are the Altitude membership cards usually issued? AC's website seems to suggest sometime after December 31, but they give no exact date.

Do you guys think it will be possible to status match before the offer ends in January?
We don't need to see the actual card to welcome you to Gold. So long as you can prove your status in some way, shape or form. A letter proving your status, or a boarding pass that shows it will suffice.

Originally Posted by yul36
Darren,

My problem is that most of my recent AC flights have been credited to UA.
Will you accept those?
The status match program only applies to another Canadian airline's frequent flyer program. Sorry!

Originally Posted by shareski
Submitted Wednesday, still nothing. Just inquired again and received the automated response about waiting 30 days.
The turnaround time has grown a bit (we're thrilled ). Right now we're at about seven days.
_____

Folks, one more question that has come up in another thread that I'll answer for you here, too. When redeeming lounge vouchers, you must also present a valid WestJet boarding pass.

Let us know if you've got any other questions. And for those joining us for the first time, be sure to write your trip reports!

Cheers,
Darren
Old Nov 6, 2014, 10:03 am

Programs: AC E 50K
Darren - I'm an Elite 50K AC guy. Mostly travel within US and Canada. My question is for travel in the US where Westjet does not go would I still collect westjet points if i travel on AA or DA? how does this work?
Old Nov 6, 2014, 10:50 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Darren...what is the standard acceptance time?

I sent in my request 2 weeks ago and have not heard a peep.
No problem if the standard is 4 or 6 weeks, I'd just like to know how long the normal wait time is.
My first WJ flight is a week Sunday, that's why I am asking.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 12:29 pm

Programs: MR Plat
Originally Posted by HomerJ
No problem if the standard is 4 or 6 weeks, I'd just like to know how long the normal wait time is.
Have you logged in to check your status?

I submitted on Saturday and noticed yesterday it changed to Gold, but I did not receive any email response to the request.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 1:55 pm

9 days and counting.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 2:13 pm

Check your website status, I sent in my request 7 days ago, got a automated reply immediately, then nothing... I just logged in to Westjet's site and noticed that my status has change. I assume you dont get an email approving of the match, your status simply change on the website.

One thing I am surprised is that the Gold Status is good till Feb 2016 BUT my qualifying period remained May 2015, so it means that (kidding of course) I shouldn't spend any money with WS until June 2015 for fear that it will reset to zero at on June 1, 2015.

Last edited by Qster; Nov 6, 2014 at 2:19 pm
Old Nov 6, 2014, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by Qster
Check your website status, I sent in my request 7 days ago, got a automated reply immediately, then nothing... I just logged in to Westjet's site and noticed that my status has change. I assume you dont get an email approving of the match, your status simply change on the website.
I've checked. Still a lowly Teal.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 8:50 pm
Company Representative: WestJet

Programs: WestJet Rewards
Originally Posted by raptors007
Darren - I'm an Elite 50K AC guy. Mostly travel within US and Canada. My question is for travel in the US where Westjet does not go would I still collect westjet points if i travel on AA or DA? how does this work?
Not quite sure where you travel but we've been consistently adding code-share destinations for quite some time and certainly have all the major destinations covered now. Take a look at our route map.

You'll earn WestJet dollars on all WS-coded flights, no matter who the operating carrier is.

Alternatively, you can earn WestJet dollars on all American Airlines's flights (must be both marketed and operated by AA). We expect to one day have a similar arrangement with Delta.

On the redemption side, WestJet dollars can be used toward partial or full payment of any WS-coded base fare at any time. (A minimum of $25 must be used.) There are no blackouts, no seat restrictions, no unpredictable inventory. One WestJet dollar is equivalent to one Canadian dollar - it's that easy.

Originally Posted by HomerJ
It can't be any longer than eight days, HomerJ - the program was only launched a week ago yesterday! Turnaround time right now is 5-7 days. Please double check online and be sure to let us know.

Originally Posted by Globex
Have you logged in to check your status?

I submitted on Saturday and noticed yesterday it changed to Gold, but I did not receive any email response to the request.
For just a few short days we've got an IT glitch preventing us from sending a confirmation email. We suggest guest log into the system to see if the match has gone through.

Cheers,
Darren
Old Nov 6, 2014, 11:40 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Will there be a fancy card or anything in the mail?
Old Nov 7, 2014, 6:23 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Originally Posted by keitherson
Will there be a fancy card or anything in the mail?
Don't know, but there is a 'view my membership card' button on the website and printable. Its the more modern green way of doing things nowadays.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Status emails have been going out today for those who registered last week, along with e-cards. Vouchers are activated through the online account site as needed. Cards can also be printed off and/or emailed to put onto your smartphone.

Last edited by Shareholder; Nov 7, 2014 at 2:20 pm
Old Nov 7, 2014, 8:47 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, Marriott Titanium
SE100K Match

I'm an 8 year Super Elite and went for the match, if you can really call it that. More watered down match. WestJet was very quick and I received the Gold status today just in time for my YLW to YEG afternoon flight. My thoughts:
+boarding process and communication was excellent
+Inflight communication and service was simple and professional. Nothing amazing.
- Seat comfort is poor. Was seated in the plus seats and there are major issues for me and my 6 foot and 175 pound skinny body. The seat cushion is not comfy at all and it seems much shorter in length than all of AC's fleet. I was glad it was such a short flight.
- The seat armrests house the tiny inflight controls and while being a nuisance to adjust, they are also very uncomfortable as armrests with sharp plastic ridges.
- Table tray was loaded with cookie crumbs.
- IFE was obviously not in the same league either.

I will use them again for a couple more flights this month to really see what things are like, but I surely won't attempt to cross the country or border in one if those seats are all alike.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 9:05 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Hi Darren, can you answer a question? I'm thinking about making a higher priced purchase (Flex or Plus) to get me to the $1500-by-Jan-31 level and Gold status (will be great for 2015!). Does getting to Gold by Fast Track award me the companion flight ticket to anywhere WestJet flies, like the 'normal' level benefit does? Also, I was just a bit short of the Silver level anyways - at the very least I should still be awarded the companion flight to anywhere in Canada, correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.