Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westjet Gold Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2019, 12:50 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
It wasn't that poster's card that was removed. AC removed the digital card feature from the app altogether.
When an FTer you know comes from the AC forum to provide backup

But yea, this whole transition has just been an overall disaster for sure. And to think they reintroduced the ability to log-in to the app, but you still cannot access anything Altitude related.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 11:30 pm

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
FWIW, I just received an offer of a status match "up to gold".

Looks like it was a targeted ad to my Gmail account.

I'm already Plat .so this must be what us not IT people call "a disturbance in The Force".
Old Nov 27, 2019, 12:40 pm

Successfully matched from E35K to Gold.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 8:31 pm

Programs: AC 75K
It looks like WestJet has added some other options for evidence of current status.
  1. Your first and last name
  2. Your 9-digit WestJet Rewards ID (provided to you upon joining WestJet Rewards)
  3. Email and phone number on your WestJet Rewards account
  4. A scanned copy or photo of your top-tier membership card from Altitude, VIPorter, AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, Alaska Mileage Plan or British Airways Executive Club showing your name, current 2019 status valid through to a minimum December 31, 2019. (The submission can include a screenshot of the digital card in Apple wallet, your desktop dashboard or boarding pass with all the info specified
For myself, an Air Canada boarding pass just says my name, origin, destination, flight number and P25K - AC*S under Frequent Flyer... not sure how much value WestJet will give to a boarding pass, but it would be my preferred choice of P25K status evidence while the digital card is unavailable. None of these options indicate that my P25K status is valid until February 29th...
Old Nov 30, 2019, 5:39 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
So it looks like I'm PNG at WestJet . It seems there's something in the fine print about being ineligible if you've had another status match in the last three years.

Lost opportunity for WS, methinks. But so be it if that's what they prefer.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Sopwith
So it looks like I'm PNG at WestJet . It seems there's something in the fine print about being ineligible if you've had another status match in the last three years.

Lost opportunity for WS, methinks. But so be it if that's what they prefer.
I had the same reply but they emailed to sign up for it!
Old Dec 4, 2019, 4:35 pm

Rejected twice. There is no way to submit all the required information that explicitly shows that my P25K status is valid until at least Dec 31st with Air Canada not providing a digital card and none accessible on the app. Any other suggestions?
Old Dec 4, 2019, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by *Fan
Rejected twice. There is no way to submit all the required information that explicitly shows that my P25K status is valid until at least Dec 31st with Air Canada not providing a digital card and none accessible on the app. Any other suggestions?
They originally rejected me also, but I challenged them on this over email. They told me the requirements, and when I emailed back and said: "well why don't you tell me what I have to do considering I am unable to do what is typically required." A little while later I received a confirmation email saying that my silver status match was approved!
Old Dec 4, 2019, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Can't you go to their website and see what your status is and when it ends, and send a screenshot of that? I can do that with AA, UA and WS as well as Marriott.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 6:09 pm

After multiple responses to rejection emails with screenshots of multiple tabs from my Altitude dashboard, WestJet has accepted the information and matched me to Silver. No email though to confirm. Persistence did payoff. I have a WestJet vacation planned with the family so this may save me the checked luggage fees.

Last edited by *Fan; Dec 6, 2019 at 7:38 pm
Old Dec 6, 2019, 8:46 pm

Westjet needs to figure out whatever the heck they are doing...

I received a confirmation of my status match being approved a number of weeks ago (after some persistence). Today, I just got an email saying my status match was declined, though I assume this email was sent in error. In all honesty, I won't be that bothered if they did decide to revoke it.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: AC*SE, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Does anyone know if there is any flexibility on the 3K spending threshold to maintain gold?
Looks like I’m going to be at ~$2,900 since I did the status match earlier this year.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 9:02 am
Suspended

Am I eligible for the Gold status match if I'm already Silver for free because I got that from signing up for the RBC Westjet World Elite MasterCard?
Old Dec 13, 2019, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Are there any limits on the numbers of times that WS will do a status match?
Old Dec 13, 2019, 3:32 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Originally Posted by The Lev
Are there any limits on the numbers of times that WS will do a status match?
I was told I'm ineligible if I've done it within three years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.