Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

WestJet's Incredible Shrinking Seat Pitch begun already??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WestJet's Incredible Shrinking Seat Pitch begun already??

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2012, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC, FPC, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, BW Diamond Select, Starbucks Gold, VPL
Question WestJet's Incredible Shrinking Seat Pitch begun already??

I know the news articles on WJ's move to a Premium Economy offering stated that the reconfiguring of aircraft would begin in 2012Q4, for completion in 2013Q1.

However, SeatGuru is currently showing the seat maps for the 73Ws and 73Hs at 136 and 166 seats, respectively, which are the seat totals for the reconfigured aircraft.

We have a YVR-YYC-YHZ trip this week with 6'+ pax and we want to be ready.

Can anyone comment: Are SeatGuru just ahead of the game, or have the Seat Pitch Shrinking Games begun already?
Old Aug 26, 2012, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by TheOfficeAdmin13B
I know the news articles on WJ's move to a Premium Economy offering stated that the reconfiguring of aircraft would begin in 2012Q4, for completion in 2013Q1.

However, SeatGuru is currently showing the seat maps for the 73Ws and 73Hs at 136 and 166 seats, respectively, which are the seat totals for the reconfigured aircraft.

We have a YVR-YYC-YHZ trip this week with 6'+ pax and we want to be ready.

Can anyone comment: Are SeatGuru just ahead of the game, or have the Seat Pitch Shrinking Games begun already?
I can't imagine that if any aircraft are switched over that it's more than a handful. This will take some time. As a 6 ft 1 inch person myself I'm never happy on WS unless I'm in an emergency exit row (I haven't flown in the 738 so can't say, but expect the extra couple of inches would be ok for me on that aircraft).

Last edited by arf04; Aug 27, 2012 at 5:25 pm
Old Aug 26, 2012, 6:01 pm

All the 737-700 always had 136 seats and will remain the same. It's just the seat pitch that is changing. All -800 had 166 seats and will increase to 174.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.