Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Westjet credit card sign on bonus $350

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2011, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

For those interested the RBC Westjet credit card is offering a sign on bonus of $350 in Westjet dollars. Normally the offer is $100 Westjet dollars. Apply on line by Aug. 31,2011

http://www.westjet.com/guest/en/rewa...Gu-En-20101109
Old Jul 21, 2011, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Canadian citizens only.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 10:48 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Westjet $350 bonus for $79 fee

For those interested the RBC Westjet credit card is offering a sign on bonus of $350 in Westjet dollars. Normally the offer is $100 Westjet dollars. Apply on line by Aug. 31,2011.

Gotta bump this.

This is a good deal.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by jerry305
For those interested the RBC Westjet credit card is offering a sign on bonus of $350 in Westjet dollars. Normally the offer is $100 Westjet dollars. Apply on line by Aug. 31,2011.

Gotta bump this.

This is a good deal.
Yeah, it needs to be bumped because it's in danger of falling all the way down to the 3rd or 4th thread on the page LOL. The offer will expire before the thread even fades to halfway down LOL.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 9:08 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines, Air Canada, Westjet Rewards
Not so good deal

This is a good deal for a one time fee and get the $350 then cancel the card.

I applied for a card as soon as they came out last year and recieved a $100 bonus, and after spending $24,000.00 plus in 15 months only have 477 WS dollars and that includes the bonus.

Not too happy about an $250 increase in bonus dollars only a year later, so will probably cancel this card and go with Avion and use Air Miles for the short hops between YCD and YVR.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 11:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by bajacondo
This is a good deal for a one time fee and get the $350 then cancel the card.

I applied for a card as soon as they came out last year and recieved a $100 bonus, and after spending $24,000.00 plus in 15 months only have 477 WS dollars and that includes the bonus.

Not too happy about an $250 increase in bonus dollars only a year later, so will probably cancel this card and go with Avion and use Air Miles for the short hops between YCD and YVR.
All isn't well with me & Avion as they kindly informed me the normal annual renewal bonus was being discontinued. A small thing perhaps but it caught my attention and has given me pause to consider ditching it.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 10:02 pm

Offer extended to November 14, 2011.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by tracon
Offer extended to November 14, 2011.
Good timing, tracon, as that was my question when I saw this thread updated. I'm considering switching to this but just didn't get around to it before now so good to know I've been granted a reprieve.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 10:20 am

Programs: AS MVPG, AC E, HH Diamond
Anyone else have a problem getting the $350 welcome bonus? Both my wife and I signed up for cards. When I got my first statement the welcome bonus was only $100. I called RBC and got it fixed (although it still hasn't posted to my account after a few weeks). My wife's first statement came yesterday and she only got the $100 so she will have to call in and get it changed as well. Both were signed up using the RBC online application page where the $350 welcome bonus was listed. It shouldn't be this hard.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by bobsyouruncle
Anyone else have a problem getting the $350 welcome bonus? Both my wife and I signed up for cards. When I got my first statement the welcome bonus was only $100. I called RBC and got it fixed (although it still hasn't posted to my account after a few weeks). My wife's first statement came yesterday and she only got the $100 so she will have to call in and get it changed as well. Both were signed up using the RBC online application page where the $350 welcome bonus was listed. It shouldn't be this hard.
It shouldn't though it was hinted to me when I signed up online for another RBC card product that the online application process isn't perfect and glitches occured often.

I went with a no fee Esso Extra card instead as I opted to downsize my former cards and their hefty annual fees.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by bobsyouruncle
I had the same problem, however it wasn't as easy as a simple phone call. When only 100$ was posted I called WS and the agent told me that this is an RBC matter since the start-up credit is given by RBC. I then call RBC and the agent dismissed my issue from the start stating that anything related to Westjet dollars is handled solely by Westjet ... After two emails to different departments at WS, they finally posted the 250$ difference.

I did receive an apology from WS about the delay in posting. That being said I also haven't had much luck in having my flights post automatically to my annual yearly spending tally. It appears from the email they sent me that they are backlogged [similar to the ol' 'due to higher than normal call volume' line ] on matters pertaining to the Frequent Guest Program (victim of the promotion's success? undestaffing?).

This is actually my one pet peeve with the FGP, there is no way to 'speak' to an agent on any issues with the program. All queries have to be sent by email (5-10 day timeline for a response). The agents on the general Westjet # tell you that they aren't involved in the FGP, unless it's to use your WS Dollars to book a flight.

I they can't get a line for their FGP, be nice if they could at least have a "live chat with a FGP agent" option on their website at least
Old Oct 7, 2011, 9:16 am

Smile Speaker

Could you be kind enough to post the email address you used to receive your $350. I just received my card and don't relish going through what you did. Greatly appreciated.

Last edited by bajacondo; Oct 7, 2011 at 2:24 pm Reason: i before e except after c
Old Oct 7, 2011, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by bajacondo
Could you be kind enough to post the email address you used to receive your $350. I just received my card and don't relish going through what you did. Greatly appreciated.
No problem! [email protected]

Their official timeframe is 3-5 days for a reply. It was longer than that for me. However, once they responded, the issue was actioned quite fast
Old Oct 7, 2011, 9:29 pm

Thanks Speaker..duly noted.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 11:56 am

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by speaker
No problem! [email protected]

Their official timeframe is 3-5 days for a reply. It was longer than that for me. However, once they responded, the issue was actioned quite fast

+1.

I waited 16 days for a response; got none; sent a "second attempt" email; they responded to that, 24 days after the first email. The phone CSR's believe that you're supposed to get an automated reply to confirm your email was received; I never got one.

Unless you need the points fast, my advice is to send the email, mark it in your calendar 3 weeks from now in case you don't hear back, and forget about it. Nothing else you can do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.