Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Free Upgrade to Airmiles Gold from Shell?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2011, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

This was a surprise.. I just got a letter in the mail from Shell saying they are discontinuing the EasyPay program (which sucks as I use it every week) but as a thank you for being a loyal customer I got upgraded to Air Miles Gold for free.

Anyone else get this? And what's special about air miles gold? I never even collect air miles except with Shell, I set myself on Aeroplan a few years ago and have a aeroplan visa and everything.

Should I start collecting more heavily on Air Miles since I suddenly got Gold status or it doesn't really mean anything?

Thanks in advance guys, hope I have this in the right section because I couldn't find a "Air Miles" section, I usually loiter around the Aeroplan area.
Old May 3, 2011, 11:07 pm

There really isn't much to Gold other than a few flights with a little discount, some merchandise you can get with reduced air miles, and the supposed ability to book flights up to a couple days prior to departure (as if award seats would be available on any but the most obscure or lightly travelled routings anyway).

I'm surprised a sponsor has the ability to get a member put to AM Gold (which requires 1000 AM's earned in the year from at least 5 sponsors).
Old May 4, 2011, 10:24 am

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
I got the same letter in the mail. I was already Gold, so not a big deal. The Gold card is neat to have.. never got one, and I've been Gold for years.

Ron.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 1:54 am

Programs: BA Gold,, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by newfbc
I got the same letter in the mail. I was already Gold, so not a big deal. The Gold card is neat to have.. never got one, and I've been Gold for years.

Ron.
Me too ... is gold plastic too expensive now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.