Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New -800 Paint Job

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2010, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

New -800 Paint Job

Seen a discussion on another board about a new livery for the latest -800. A pic was posted of the new "Care-Antee" plane. Wonder how many people will be looking that name up thinking it's a new airline LOL.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/WestJ...2c7dbd670813b1
Old Feb 2, 2010, 10:49 am

Personally I think it looks ugly. Probably would have been better if they used a darker color.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is difficult to determine colours from a photograph....but the blue reminds me of AC's blue.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 11:21 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by Ace Cdn
Personally I think it looks ugly. Probably would have been better if they used a darker color.
+1 A plane isnt a place for a slogan.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
+1 A plane isnt a place for a slogan.
Why not? Is a fuselage sacrosanct or something?
Old Feb 2, 2010, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by airbus320
It is difficult to determine colours from a photograph....but the blue reminds me of AC's blue.
My first thought exactly. Ugh. More toothpaste blue.

Slogans don't belong on planes. It cheapens the brand.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 4:37 pm

I'm disappointed that the "cat's out of the bag". We are having an unveiling of the new paint scheme on Friday at the Westjet hanger and I was looking forward to the surprise. But I guess I don't need to go now that I've seen it!
Old Feb 2, 2010, 4:43 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by YYCguy
I'm disappointed that the "cat's out of the bag". We are having an unveiling of the new paint scheme on Friday at the Westjet hanger and I was looking forward to the surprise. But I guess I don't need to go now that I've seen it!
Pretty tough to hide a plane
Old Feb 2, 2010, 11:25 pm

Programs: lost all status during pandemic...
is this a new overall paint scheme that all planes will be changed to over time? Or is this a one-off paint job like the "star alliance" planes that Air Canada has?

j.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The only way to keep this secret is to have it done in the "Skunk Works" in California and then flown at night and parked in a military restricted area in the Mojave Desert !
Old Feb 3, 2010, 8:32 am

I'm not sure CalgaryJay. I will ask someone at the office when I go in for a meeting this week.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by calgary_jay
is this a new overall paint scheme that all planes will be changed to over time? Or is this a one-off paint job like the "star alliance" planes that Air Canada has?

j.
I hope for WS that this is a one-off; I much prefer the traditional WS livery. IMHO the "careantee" livery is ugly (and I think the slogan itself is too cheesy).

I generally dislike seeing advertising/slogans on things such as airplanes, the sides of buildings, hockey jerseys, etc. If it were a smaller decal on each plane such as the "top employers" or the various airline alliances' logos placed by airplane doors it would be one thing, but of course YMMV.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 2:48 pm

Normally I have nothing but good things to say about WestJet, but even I don't like this paint job.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 9:11 pm

It's a one-of livery. There will be another one-of livery - a WestJet Vacations aircraft.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 10:00 pm

curious that you would click a link to a thread about the new paint job on a WS 738 then?

Im no fan of this look either. looks cartoonish. unprofessional. fine for charters like sun country / skyservice but Id prefer a more professional looking craft.

That said, I do wish WS continued success. Keep those load factors rising

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.