Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Whose Responsibility?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2009, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
Airport vs Airline: Whose Responsibility?

So a friend of mine recently was subject to an aircraft going tech at the gate and was bumped off his most recent WS flight. Now to their credit, the sabre problems (based on the limited discussion I've had with him) have subsided and he wasn't complaining about an hour plus on hold, so that's a good sign.

What struck me as odd, however, was his claim that while he was bumped onto the next flight of the day, it was the airport that didn't approve the bump which apparently screwed up his itinerary. Now this sounds unbelieveable to me: I can't understand how the airport authority would have any sort of say as to who can fly on what flight, but I wanted to bring it up with the WS experts.

In the case of mechanical irrops, does the airport have anything at all to do with rescheduling pax onto a different flight, or was someone making up the rules as they go? Anyone have any insights?

Last edited by DJ Bitterbarn; Nov 10, 2009 at 4:44 am
Old Nov 10, 2009, 7:01 am

I think your friend was confused about who "the airport" is. I don't think it was the airport management but rather the WS staff at the airport. Non-airport based staff often refer to airport based staff as "airport" or similar. "I can't assign the seats here, the airport is dealing with it now" etc.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by DanJ
I think your friend was confused about who "the airport" is. I don't think it was the airport management but rather the WS staff at the airport. Non-airport based staff often refer to airport based staff as "airport" or similar. "I can't assign the seats here, the airport is dealing with it now" etc.
That's kind of what I suspected, thanks! I'll mention it to him when I talk to him next, as I guess it threw his plans off a bit.

Last edited by DJ Bitterbarn; Nov 10, 2009 at 9:42 am Reason: repeating myself here..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.