Web check in

Old Nov 2, 09, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Web check in

I haven't seen this question asked on the forum yet (if it was, I apologize in advance).

I have a reservation that was booked through West Jet's old reservation system and was wondering if I'll still be able to check in online and select seats 24 hours in advance?

Thanks!
Old Nov 2, 09, 8:55 am

It's a crap shoot. I checked Ms. PE in on the Web last week for YEG-PSP. Yesterday I couldn't check her in for the return today. Hold times are stated to exceed 60 minutes. Last night after 30 minutes I gave up. This morning it hasn't changed other than they have added a message that if it's a pure cancellation to go straight to the Web. I try one more time this morning. Bingo, it works....

WHAT A DISGRACE!

Last edited by ProudEdmontonian; Nov 2, 09 at 9:08 am
Old Nov 2, 09, 12:03 pm

Programs: AC Subhuman (*A silver), NW Barely Alive
The website now states that:

Please note that you are able to use our Web or Kiosk check-in for ALL bookings regardless of booking date.
So allegedly it should work. A friend had success this weekend in YYZ and YYC using the kiosk at the airport.

I managed to "cancel" online a booking I made three weeks ago, a flight for which I held two reservations (the second was $100 cheaper). "Cancel" meaning I filled out the form and am waiting for the agent on the other ened to cancel. This is after a very similar experience to PE's --> it took me until today to even get to the "your wait time is 60+ minutes". The last few times I called, it said "we're too busy, call later". Nice note today that I had to waste 30 seconds of my time listening to Sean Durfy apologizing again before telling me I had to wait an hour. Sigh.
Old Nov 2, 09, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Perfect! I'm not as worried now. I'm going to try checking in online on Friday as soon as I can.

I know someone else who is flying tomorrow. They decided to call in to select their seats and such and it took about 25 minutes to speak to an agent.
Old Nov 2, 09, 7:14 pm

Wasn't working this morning, is working now. Just checked in.

Search this Thread