Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Westin Premier
Reload this Page >

Westin Premier ending - stiffing the less than frequent stayer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Premier ending - stiffing the less than frequent stayer

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 1998, 10:18 am
pgupta011

I think that you are right MileKing. I received a letter (not a postcard). I am a Burgundy member and have had a few stays this year so the requirements may be different for me.

Over the past few years Westin has eliminated the breakfast allowance for Premier members, devalued by 50% the partner points with Membership Reward, Diners Club and Westin Visa, changed the point structure from one free night per 10 stays to a dollar based system which on the average requires more more stays to earn a free night. The latest changes are just a continuation of a pattern where benefits are constantly being eroded.

I am also concerned about the Sheraton program.

Old Aug 4, 1998, 11:44 am
Commander Catcop

I got the letter (monday) announcing the end
of Premier and just saying details will be
mailed in NOVEMBER!

NOVEMBER? The good news is Westin told me
my account is fine and I should not lose points. But again I would like to know what
the award levels and other takeaways there
will be.

I'm Westin Burgendy (SP? -- I just came home
from a 12 hour workday sorry) and one of the
things I like is the breakfast coupons. It
helps to get a decent breakfast then board
a flight where all you get is a cookie (unless you get to first.)

Yes, I too am concerned about Sheraton.

Probably Inside FLyer will have all the answers before the hotels tell us. CATMAN

Old Aug 5, 1998, 3:54 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
WESTIN SAYS (Westin homepage): "Transfer option valid April 15, 1998 - December 31, 1998. Members initiating transfers between Westin Premier® and Sheraton Club International accounts must adhere to all existing program rules. A minimum transfer of 20,000 Westin Premier® points or 4,000 ClubMiles is required. Transfers will occur at the rate of five Westin Premier® points equaling one Sheraton Club International ClubMile. Transfers may only be made between accounts belonging to the same individual, both accounts must be in good standing and members must be active in the program from which the points are being transferred. Active status in Westin Premier® requires two qualifying stays during any 12 month period. Please allow 48 hours for transfers to be complete. Additional restrictions may apply."

MY THINKING is:
I have only a few (6'000) Westin-points, but will have more than 4'000 Sheraton in October 98. I will have one Westin-stay in 98, so the Westin account should be activ.

I will probably transfer in november 98 2'801 Shearaton into Westin, to have a Westin-balance of 20'001 when their program ends (just for not loosing the 6'000 Westin-points). Westin will then transfer my 20'001 Westin-points into the new program.

I hope I am right.
Old Aug 5, 1998, 2:59 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Rudi, I would hold off on the transfer. Having 20,000 points in your Westin account does not mean your account will remain active, at least as I read things. If you are only a "regular" member like myself (no status) I think you need two stays by the end of 1998 to keep your points. Adding more points will not help. I would wait til November and see what the details of the new program are.
Old Aug 5, 1998, 3:14 pm
Original Member

thanks - I will have to stays in 1998 - but I will wait anyway till November with transfers.
Old Aug 5, 1998, 3:15 pm
Original Member

thanks - I will have two stays in 1998 - but I will wait anyway till November with transfers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.