Wiki Posts
Search

Aurora, CO Hotel Help

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2009, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPEBSQSA
Aurora, CO Hotel Help

Mrs. AZ and I need a hotel in Aurora, CO later this month. It amazes me the lack of consistent info on hotels in the area. Here's the story...

We have an appointment at UCH on Ursula later this month, and will need a hotel for the night before and the night of the appointment. The maximum reimbursable rate is $100/night, including taxes. I've looked at Expedia and the like, but can't seem to find anything with consistent reviews in this price range. Any input/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Basic Requirements
1. Within a reasonable distance (+/- 5-Miles) of the UCH Ursula campus
2. Quiet
3. Mini-fridge and microwave would be a plus
4. HSI is a must as I'll be doing some work from the hotel

We could probably go a little over the limit, but would prefer to stay within the limit. We also may qualify for a UCH rate, but I'm looking for general input without this constraint.

Thanks again!
Old Sep 2, 2009, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
This one's tough because the hotel accommodations haven't kept up with the new construction of the UC/Fitzsimons campus. A Hilton Garden Inn is supposed to go up across the street but that sign's been there for two years.

The Drury Inn at I-70 and Peoria has absolutely everything you want plus some - but its location isn't absolutely stellar.

There's a Holiday Inn Express just south of I-225 and Mississippi that started life as a Drury Inn, but not sure if micro/fridge are in those rooms.

Probably better to head north to the 40th Avenue/Airport Road area. There's a Hyatt Place Denver Airport that will meet all of your criteria except a microwave (they do have a fridge) and you'll get a decent sized mini-suite. Not sure if this is a renovated AmeriSuites or new construction. I see rates around $85-90 a night here.

There's a Hilton Garden Inn here too - fridge/micro, free HSI, but not free breakfast (though you don't mention that). Might be over $100/night, though.

The Embassy Suites at I-70 and Havana is also a possibility - definitely "quiet" since the airport moved away 15 years ago. Again, might be over your threshold.

Last edited by DenverBrian; Sep 2, 2009 at 6:42 pm
Old Sep 3, 2009, 1:51 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, National Emerald Club, no airline affinity status
I live just a few miles from the UCH complex and I will tell you that the neighborhood surrounding it is kind of sketchy...especially along Colfax Ave. I would suggest a few places in the Stapleton area (Doubletree, Rennaissance, etc) though they might not meet your rate. The 2nd area I would look at is on Pena Blvd area (road to the airport). I would stay away from anything on Colfax or along the I-70/225 area only because they are low budget motels/hotels that have a questionable clientale. If you were to find a hotel in either of the 2 places I suggested, you would be about 10-15 mins away from UCH and the Fitzsimmons Campus.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 9:20 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hilton Diamond
There are a few hotels down I-225 a few exits that are definitely in a better area. The Red Lion on Parker Rd, a Fairfield Inn and Doubletree near Iliff and 225, and a Holiday Inn Express near Mississippi and 225. Stapleton would also be good, if you can find a reasonable rate. A bit further away, but still not too far, there's a Hampton Inn on Colorado Blvd.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPEBSQSA
Update...

Thanks for all of your input. We landed at the Extended Stay Deluxe near Iliff & 225. Mrs. AZ prefered it because each has a small kitchen so she can control our (my) diet.

It's not a Marriott/Hilton, but it is quiet and roomy. I'd recommend it (and the area) to anyone coming this way on a budget.

Note: After seeing the news this morning, I guess I wouldn't recommend the Motel 6 around the corner. (Prostitution and worse.)
Old Sep 20, 2009, 5:58 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, National Emerald Club, no airline affinity status
AZ...you know I was just thinking about that when I drove by it the other day and hoped that you hadn't picked that Motel 6 to stay at. Of course, if you had picked any of the places on East Colfax, that is an everyday occurance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.