Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > West
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Layover at DEN - what to do? where to go/eat? how much time?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Layover at DEN - what to do? where to go/eat? how much time?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2009, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by nonactin
I usually would go to concourse A for Panda Express if I have long layover. ( United's concourse B doesn't have any Chinese/Asian food, which I found really weird.)
There's a teriyaki bowl place in the center of the B concourse. It's quite affordable and tasty for airport food.
Old Jul 18, 2009, 3:25 pm

Rock Bottom Brewery on one end of C concourse for a good microbrew. They have a full menu too.

Last edited by maquez; Jul 21, 2009 at 2:48 pm
Old Jul 20, 2009, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by maquez
Rock Bottom Brewery on one end of A concourse for a good microbrew. They have a full menu too.
But why go there when there's a New Belgium Brew Pub in Concourse B?
Old Jul 20, 2009, 7:14 pm

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
Originally Posted by maquez
Rock Bottom Brewery on one end of A concourse for a good microbrew. They have a full menu too.
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
But why go there when there's a New Belgium Brew Pub in Concourse B?
Sounds like DEN is the place for a brewpub crawl!
Old Jul 21, 2009, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by djk7
Sounds like DEN is the place for a brewpub crawl!
There is some great beer in Colorado, that's one of the best parts of living here. If you actually had a day or two, not just 6 hours there are a couple breweries in downtown Denver, then Golden, Longmont, and Fort Collins have a few more. There's enough selection that even the pickiest beer drinkers could find something they like.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 10:36 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Delta SC
I have about two hours after landing before meeting some folks at the airport tomorrow and am planning on checking a bag. Is there a bar landside that i can have a few beers and watch the bball? I couldn't find any mention of landside bars on DIA's website.

Alternatively should I just stay airside and retrieve my bag from the office when I'm leaving?
Old Mar 16, 2011, 11:19 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Here are your landside eating and drinking options:

http://flydenver.com/food?distanceVa...Performed=True
Old Mar 18, 2011, 12:10 am

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
Originally Posted by mjgwi
I have about two hours after landing before meeting some folks at the airport tomorrow and am planning on checking a bag. Is there a bar landside that i can have a few beers and watch the bball? I couldn't find any mention of landside bars on DIA's website.

Alternatively should I just stay airside and retrieve my bag from the office when I'm leaving?
Just had a brew and chili at Boulder beer yesterday, I didn't notice any TVs for game watching, but I wasn't looking for them either.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 9:47 pm

Programs: Virtuoso
DEN things to do

I have a rather long layover, 5 hours or so, at DEN coming up. My husband and I decided we didn't need to buy day passes to the RCC, but I am curious about things to do to kill time. I plan on doing a really, really long walk. What about food? Any place that is absolutely worth checking out? We will be there from 7 am - 1 pm. We are flying United, if that makes any difference. Normally I would just read, but this is a connecting flight to ORD before our international flight and I will have plenty of time to read that day! I am with the husband and we only have one laptop, so I won't always be on the net either.

Thanks! I am looking forward to your suggestions!
Old Jun 15, 2011, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by k_malm
I have a rather long layover, 5 hours or so, at DEN coming up. My husband and I decided we didn't need to buy day passes to the RCC, but I am curious about things to do to kill time. I plan on doing a really, really long walk. What about food? Any place that is absolutely worth checking out? We will be there from 7 am - 1 pm. We are flying United, if that makes any difference. Normally I would just read, but this is a connecting flight to ORD before our international flight and I will have plenty of time to read that day! I am with the husband and we only have one laptop, so I won't always be on the net either.

Thanks! I am looking forward to your suggestions!
Never eaten there, but my buddy likes the Pour la France (B Concourse, center) for breakfast. I generally don't eat much at the airport, but the Caribou coffee upstairs (in the middle of B concourse) has generally been the better coffee in the airport (there's also a Jamba Juice up there, if that's more your thing).

Beyond that, I've usually found the upstairs area are the quieter, easier areas to 'hide out' for a bit, if my flight's delayed (or if I've shown up way too early for a flight).
Old Jun 15, 2011, 10:30 am

Programs: Virtuoso
Originally Posted by njx9
Never eaten there, but my buddy likes the Pour la France (B Concourse, center) for breakfast. I generally don't eat much at the airport, but the Caribou coffee upstairs (in the middle of B concourse) has generally been the better coffee in the airport (there's also a Jamba Juice up there, if that's more your thing).

Beyond that, I've usually found the upstairs area are the quieter, easier areas to 'hide out' for a bit, if my flight's delayed (or if I've shown up way too early for a flight).
Thanks you! Caribou coffee is pretty good. We will probably check out that restaurant for breakfast. It would be nice to sit down and eat a decent meal. I like that tip for hiding out. I will probably want a nap at some point and the quieter areas are very helpful to find.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 10:18 pm
Suspended

Long connection in Denver. What to do?

I have a 9 hour connection in Denver. I am willing to rent a car. What is there to do in Denver on a weekday?

Wings over the Rockies Air Museum?
Some mall?
Capitol building?
Is there anything to see at old Stapleton Airport?
Old Dec 23, 2011, 8:42 am

Programs: UA 1P, Omni Gold, Hilton Gold, *Wood Gold
Originally Posted by 797-3
I have a 9 hour connection in Denver. I am willing to rent a car. What is there to do in Denver on a weekday?

Some mall?
Capitol building?
The Coors tour is what jumped in my mind. The capitol is nice. I've never been to the Air museum. Nothing left to see at Stapleton except a bunch of cookie-cutter houses.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 9:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by 797-3

Some mall?
Capitol building?
Walking around downtown is nice, Larimer Square, the 16th Street Mall.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractio..._Colorado.html

For upscale shopping, Cherry Creek Mall and the surrounding area is nice.
http://www.shopcherrycreek.com/

Denver Museum of Nature and Science is interesting if you like dinosaur skeletons, natural history, etc. www.dmns.org/

The last two are fairly close to each other, could be combined
Old Dec 24, 2011, 9:03 am

Programs: United, Marriott, Choice, Avis, Hertz
The Coors tour is not what it used to be. It is an electronic tour where you push buttons on a handheld to hear a prerecorded speech about each area. Way less interactive than having a guide. The tap room is still pretty cool though, so just go on the tour and walk straight there.

I would suggest a Coors Field tour if you like baseball at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.