Wiki Posts
Search

Provo to Vegas via Zion NP & GC

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2007, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, CO Silver
Provo to Vegas via Zion NP & GC

Planning a trip in July (yes I know it'll be too hot ) starting in Provo ending in Vegas with stops at Zion National Park, a native american reservation or cultural site and the Grand Canyon to satisfy everyone's wish list. I'm really not sure how much time to allow and what there is to see (hiking is out-far too hot I suspect). I've browsed through tripadvisor but would appreciate suggestions/possible routes/how much time to allow.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
How many days do you have? It'd be a shame if you missed Bryce (at least a full day) and at least driving through Cedar Breaks and having a look around there (couple of hours). Driving from Provo will probably take better of a day. Cedar Breaks can be done en route to Zion in 1/2 day. Zion would require a full day. I'd recommend Angels Landing but start early on that one.

The north rim of the GC would require at least 1/2 day to appreciate the easy trails (don't bother with the Widfors(sp) trail). About 1/3-1/2 day driving from Zion.

Be aware some native reservations are not really welcoming of visitors so check first.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 5:15 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Drive Utah Highway 12.

Simply incredible.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 8:52 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
take the time to visit the north rim of the GC. You can base out of Kanab UT and see Zion, Bryce and the north rim.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 9:59 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by duchy
(hiking is out-far too hot I suspect).
Not necessarily. Yes, it will be hot, but as long as you get an early start and take plenty of water, you could definitely get some hiking in. We did a national parks trip in the middle of July about 5 years ago. We did a shorter hike (about half way down the South Kaibab trail) at the Grand Canyon, and a longer hike at Zion (Observation point trail).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.