Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Parking at DEN" thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Thanks. It's $12.75/day with AAA discount.

On a map, it looks like ParkDIA is significantly closer to the main terminal compared to Canopy/USA. Anyone know the difference in time it takes from each lot?

For reference, I typically park Sunday night or Monday morning through Thursday night. I have a very significant discount at WallyPark, which I will continue to use for regular parking. Covered parking is for weeks when snow is expected.

Of course, when I posted the question, I thought there were be more than three options.
Fine Airport Parking is about to open up next to ParkDIA. $16/day for covered parking; no discounts are available as of right now. Cannot find the exact opening date. I did try a dummy booking for the week of November 27, and it wasn't available.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Fine Airport Parking is about to open up next to ParkDIA. $16/day for covered parking; no discounts are available as of right now. Cannot find the exact opening date. I did try a dummy booking for the week of November 27, and it wasn't available.
Darn. I was hoping for Coarse Airport Parking.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
Darn. I was hoping for Coarse Airport Parking.
Maybe there is a gravel lot nearby that you can park at?
Old Apr 25, 2018, 7:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Having used Park DIA for the last year or so, I was very happy with the level of service, but the last couple of months I've waited sometimes 30 minutes for a shuttle to take me to the airport. As much as I loved them in the beginning, I cannot recommend them until they fix this. I'm back to using the parking garage at the airport, extra cost and all.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by COSPILOT
Having used Park DIA for the last year or so, I was very happy with the level of service, but the last couple of months I've waited sometimes 30 minutes for a shuttle to take me to the airport. As much as I loved them in the beginning, I cannot recommend them until they fix this. I'm back to using the parking garage at the airport, extra cost and all.
Fine Airport Parking next door, coupons now online for $12/day indoor parking. @:-)
Old Apr 27, 2018, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
Fine Airport Parking next door, coupons now online for $12/day indoor parking. @:-)
Thank you! I will give them a try soon. I make every effort to fly out of COS when possible, but UA has some strange pricing depending on city pair that makes COS departures not practical.
Old May 11, 2018, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
I’ve used them since they opened but starting in August I’ve had problems. I complained, they gave me coupons to try again then the coupons didn’t work and the attendant argued with me and accused me of causing the issue with their own QR code. I won’t use them again.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 2:18 pm

Cheap Parking by Denver Airport?

I'm looking for cheap parking places by the Denver Airport. I will need to leave my car for about 10-11 days.
The cheapest option I found is about $50 at the Crowne Plaza hotel, which seems to beat any other place I've seen.
The location should provide convenient shuttle rides to and from the airport.

Does anyone know of any other cheaper places?
Old Jun 15, 2019, 3:01 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH D, UA GS, Perm BonVoyed
Depends how adventurous you are. Free parking street-side on Argonne and Yampa, then several choices to the terminal. Rideshare (Uber/Lyft), hop a shuttle (yes, even if you're not staying at the property), or a 1.5 mile walk to the 61st/Pena train station then $10.50 for an airport ticket.

Another option, which I've had success with in the past, is just work out a deal (negotiate) with the Front Desk. Bring folding cash.

I left a car on Argonne for one continuous month last year (sick relative, changing travel plans). It was fine.

I've also parked there a few dozen times for 4 or 5 day legnths and walked to the train (need the exercise, it is unpaved for about a third of the way).

That stretch of Argonne (behind Day's Inn/Best Western) is home to handfuls of Turo cars. One guy has several parked there.

With the rampant construction along the Tower Road corridor, I may have to seek out other parking options in the near future.

Best!
Old Jun 15, 2019, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by RoyalFlush
Depends how adventurous you are. Free parking street-side on Argonne and Yampa, then several choices to the terminal. Rideshare (Uber/Lyft), hop a shuttle (yes, even if you're not staying at the property), or a 1.5 mile walk to the 61st/Pena train station then $10.50 for an airport ticket.

Another option, which I've had success with in the past, is just work out a deal (negotiate) with the Front Desk. Bring folding cash.

I left a car on Argonne for one continuous month last year (sick relative, changing travel plans). It was fine.

I've also parked there a few dozen times for 4 or 5 day legnths and walked to the train (need the exercise, it is unpaved for about a third of the way).

That stretch of Argonne (behind Day's Inn/Best Western) is home to handfuls of Turo cars. One guy has several parked there.

With the rampant construction along the Tower Road corridor, I may have to seek out other parking options in the near future.

Best!
Thanks. Yampa street, the street right by all the Airport hotels, has free parking?
Old Jun 15, 2019, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by dzdang
Thanks. Yampa street, the street right by all the Airport hotels, has free parking?
The TOWER ROAD hotels, not to be confused with the Gateway Aurora hotels (which is where the Crowne Plaza is).

Yampa parallels Tower to the west, Argonne parallels Tower to the east. I prefer Argonne.

FWIW, I've stayed at the CP several times. Last year, I saw a new Chevy Suburban up on blocks, all four tires/rims were stolen. Red Colorado fleet plates, so obviously a rental. This was before they installed the gate-access parking.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by RoyalFlush
The TOWER ROAD hotels, not to be confused with the Gateway Aurora hotels (which is where the Crowne Plaza is).

Yampa parallels Tower to the west, Argonne parallels Tower to the east. I prefer Argonne.

FWIW, I've stayed at the CP several times. Last year, I saw a new Chevy Suburban up on blocks, all four tires/rims were stolen. Red Colorado fleet plates, so obviously a rental. This was before they installed the gate-access parking.
Ah, I was looking at the wrong Argonne st. earlier.
Is the free parking spots on Yampa and Argonne generally full?
Old Jun 15, 2019, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by dzdang
Ah, I was looking at the wrong Argonne st. earlier.
Is the free parking spots on Yampa and Argonne generally full?
There's always been free spaces on Argonne.

I've parked there about 40 times over the past 12 months.

But note, with the massive amount of new construction, that may come to an end.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 8:07 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, National Emerald Club, no airline affinity status
I was going to recommend the park and rides at either 61st and Pena or the 40th Airport Station. You then would take the train. However, if you are not from the metro area, parking is $4 a day. Add to that the $10.50 train ride both ways for a total of $21.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm trying Fine Airport Parking today. Initial thoughts:
  • Online reservation is a little clunky. Once I downloaded the app and reserved, the app took me to a PDF receipt that I would scan at the entrance. I then went back. The PDF receipt promptly disappeared with no way to get back to it.
  • The Fine people at the location are...well...fine. Very friendly. A lady at the entrance worked to get my reservation "attached" to my ticket.
  • The Fine vans seat 14; one is taken by a Fine employee whose sole job appears to be to write space numbers on reminder cards and give them to people who board the van.
  • The vans are cushy leather individual seats.
  • No announcements, recorded or spoken, were made for the trip to the airport. We were asked our airlines before the van started; then about 15 minutes of total silence; then a stop and the driver saying, "OK, we're here at United."
  • After exiting the van on level 5, my phone informed me I had e-mails. One of them was - voila! - a receipt for my reservation. Why the Fine people couldn't alert me to this when I entered is beyond me.
For $12 a day indoor parking with coupon, it seems like a reasonable proposition IF you're not pressed for time, IF you don't mind a bit of a wait once you come back, and IF you don't mind passing more close-in parking companies as you travel to the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.