Wiki Posts
Search

Colorado - Vail Skiing

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2005, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, UA, SPG
Colorado - Vail Skiing

Headed out to Vail / Beaver Creek in March and looking for best lift ticket deal - of course.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
ME1st
Old Jan 24, 2005, 10:33 pm

You probably don't want to hear this, but Vail/BC are really hard to discount - usually they try to stick you with a plan that includes days at Keystone and Breck.

If all else fails, join PEAKS at www.snow.com and buy your tickets through the site. You'll get a little bit of a discount.

If you're going to be at Beaver Creek anytime from March 28 - April 1, I can hook you up with at least one free ticket. Lemme know.
Old Jan 25, 2005, 3:42 am
Original Poster

Vail

Real hard discount is right - we were last out there 3 years ago and there was a Coke/ Mountain Dew/ 7-up (one of these) can promo as well as the King Souper and Garts had tickets. This year Nada.

We will be there 3/18-25 so I will miss you but appreciate the offer.
Old Jan 25, 2005, 10:56 am

No problem.

Strangely, I just got the following from Vail Resorts:

DISCOUNTED LIFT TICKETS- Pre-purchase Online by January 31.

Pre-purchase a 3-day or more lift ticket online for the best discounts by January 31.

Sample savings on a 6-day ticket valid 2/19-4/2/05 if purchased by January 31:
~ Keystone/Breckenridge: $132
~ Vail/Beaver Creek: $88
~ Heavenly: $84
Old Jan 26, 2005, 6:20 am
Original Poster

vail

Can you post a link? I am not finding this.

Thanks
Old Jan 26, 2005, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by ME1st
Can you post a link? I am not finding this.

Thanks
http://www.snow.com/info/pass.lt.asp

If that link doesn't work, it's on the front page of www.snow.com

And if you're staying at the Lodge at Vail or the Pines, make sure you sign up for Peaks - you get free upgrades and discounts and stuff.

I got a great rate at Pines for my trip, made even better by a $50 discount.
Old Mar 4, 2005, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL MM & FO, HH Diamond
Subject yourself to a lengthy timeshare presentation at Beaver Creek's Sheraton Mountain Vista Resort for two free lift tickets.

National Ski Patrollers get a professional courtesy discount at Vail for two lift tickets daily, at $51 each.

Colorado Pass holders have six discounts loaded on their annual pass, good for $15 off a guest's lift ticket at Vail.

Like the other posters have said, Vail discounts are hard to come by - my suggestions need good networking or nerves of steel.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Sorry for the late reply, just saw this thread.

You can buy a "Gold C" discount book (think Entertainment Book) that has coupons for Vail & BC discounts. If memory serves, the rate was $59/day (vs $76 at the hill). The book itself is $10, and has either 4 or 8 of these each. Plus discounts for Keystone, Breck, Copper, etc.

If driving from DIA, easiest place to buy is to exit the first Idaho Springs exit just past the little tunnel, continue straight, and look for the supermarket on your left about 1/4 mile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.