Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Everett/Paine Field Can Support Scheduled Service, Study Says

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2004, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Everett/Paine Field Can Support Scheduled Service, Study Says

The Snohomish County Council says the 1.1 million people in Paine Field's immediate catchment area could support flights from PAI to SFO, PHX, DEN, or SLC... but says QX or UX are the most likely carriers to establish service. Vehement local opposition.

http://archives.seattletimes.nwsourc...ry=Paine+Field
Old Aug 14, 2004, 11:31 am

Programs: UAL 1K, Marriott, Hilton Gold. Delta Silver Medallion
Paine Field can support an "express" operation from QX and UX but not more than that. The airport lacks passanger facilities and the access roads to the airport are not that great either.

I truely believe that Olympia and Everett will be better off with people not driving to Sea-Tac.
Old Oct 3, 2004, 11:28 pm

I disagree on the access road bit to PAE. I'd suggest the opposite. The road from I-5 is probably better to PAE than it is to SEA from I-5. It doesn't have pax facilities for large numbers of people (more than 5), but it does have quite a bit of land snuggled in and around the airport.

I would love to see options at PAE ala a Regan/LGA type deal. Limit it to 1019 miles or something (note the 1019 to get it to DEN ).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.