Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > West
Reload this Page >

Las Vegas Romantic Dinner

Old Mar 14, 04, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

My husband and I are renewing vows in LV.
Afterward looking for "great food" with great atmosphere. Thinking"Stratosphere" or "Palms". Read posts and were are having lunch at the Bellagio (Olives). How is the Paris (E.Tower)?
Old Mar 19, 04, 9:09 pm
csb

Picasso, Prime or Le Cirque at the Bellagio.
Old Mar 22, 04, 4:12 pm
Used to be hamajicky

my recs for a romantic dinner:

avoid stratosphere, it's a total dump.
olives is nice but you will see sometimes little kids running around.

i would recommend aqua, picasso, prime, le cirque (all in bellagio). in the venetian, postrio's is nice.

in the mirage, renoir is nice and probably the best restaurant in vegas.

also you might want to look at the MGM with craftsteak and nobhill or fiamma (fiamma is new but is getting rave reviews).

but my top recommendation would be michael's in the barbary coast. not a top name hotel but you will be treated like a king in this opulent restaurant complete with tableside cooking, etc.

[This message has been edited by hamajicky (edited Mar 22, 2004).]
Old Mar 24, 04, 2:46 pm

I would say that the Venetian is probably the most romantic. Lutece is fantastic in a nice quiet setting. If it's not too hot outside, getting a patio table is great seeing the gondolas float around oustide.
I also heard that Bouchon is now open. It's Thomas Keller's (French Laundry) new restaurant. It might be a bit casual and I haven't been, but from the reputation, I'm assuming the food will be good.
Old Apr 2, 04, 10:17 am
Original Member

Romantic rooms

The most romantic dining rooms on the Strip:

Picasso (Bellagio) - incomparable: Picasso paintings, wood ceilings and fountain show. If the weather is good the patio is amazing as well.
Alize (Palms) - quiet, stunning view
Eiffel Tower (Paris) - great view of Bellagio fountains
Renoir (Mirage) - get a table in the back or hear slot machines all night
Lutece (Venetian) - only if you can get on the patio and the union isn't protesting
Isis (Luxor) - classic gourmet room, small and intimate.
Michael's (Barbary Coast) - classic but overpriced even for Vegas.

Best wishes!

QL
Old Apr 9, 04, 3:36 pm

Programs: US Chairmans, AA Lifetime Gold, SPG Platinum
There is nothing remotely romantic about the Stratosphere. If you are under 25, you might find the Palms romantic, but I doubt it. Bellagio is to me hands down the most romantic place in Las Vegas, although those who recommend Venetian are not leading you astray.

Le Cirque at Bellagio is, in my opinion, a better choice than Picasso for your purposes. It is quieter, less "theatrical", more intimate, and has food quality of the same caliber (but more traditional French.) Best of all, you won't have to compete with all the hordes who believe Picasso is the best place in town and the attitude the staff must maintain to keep them away! Le Cirque even has a small, private cocktail lounge which appears to be for the exclusive use of restaurant guests--take advantage of it.
Old Apr 9, 04, 11:18 pm

Smile Locals Favorite

If you want to get away from the strip hotels, check out the Tillerman, on Flamingo, near Eastern. Had an outsanding dinner there about 5 - 6 weeks ago. They specialize in seafood, and have excellent service.
It's a pleasure to get away from the noise and pace of the strip, and just sit back and enjoy a finely prepared dinner.
Prices are in the $25 - 32 range, and is a favorite of locals in the LV/Henderson area.
Dinner only.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: