REVIEW: Blue Star (Colorado Springs)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2003, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum

I am a big fan of the iDine mileage dining programs. However, I find that it is often the case (in my experience) that iDine restaurants are sub-par. Therefore, it is always a treat to find a restaurant where (a) I can rack up the miles and (b) eat great food. Blue Star is such a place!

The Blue Star
1645 S. Tejon St.
Colorado Springs
(719) 632-1086

If you're in Colorado Springs and a fan of "fusion" cuisine in a hip, cosmopolitan atmosphere, then the Blue Star would be a good place to start. I've enjoyed many a tantalizing culinary experience here with a menu that takes subtle hints from Thai, Southwestern, Pan-Asian, Californian, and Italian cuisine.

The decor is very modern, with turkish rugs not on the floor, but cascading from the high ceilings overhead. It's a lively joint, with a talkative bar scene and open kitchen. Friendly waiters and waitresses navigate the tight passageways between tables bringing dish after dish of amazing food -- Thai chile dipping sauce, portabella mushroom stuffed with ratatouille, pepper jack green chili burgers, filet mignon wrapped in bacon and stuffed with smoked cheddar and scallions... Geez! This is making me hungry.

The prices are quite decent, and if you treat your waitress right, you may get a 2-for-1 coupon for lunch. Entrees typically run from $14-$30. The wine list is also very acceptable.

Lunch available Mon.-Fri., 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Bar menu available: Mon.-Thurs., 3-9 p.m.; Fri., 3-10 p.m.; Sat., 4-10 p.m.; Sun., 4-9 p.m. Dinner in the main dining room: Sun.-Thurs., 5:30-9 p.m.; Fri.-Sat., 5:30-10 p.m.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.