Consolidated "Restaurants at DEN or in the greater Denver area" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Restaurants at DEN or in the greater Denver area" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2003, 9:23 am

Angelina's in Denver

For those of you who want the best chicken dinner around you need to stop by Angelina's in southwest Denver. It is located near the southwest plaza shopping center. This chicken dinner "Angelina'a Love bird" is a whole chicken marinated in his special sauce served with mushrooms. The process takes several hours so only a few love birds are available every day. In a strip mall, nice decor, the food will bring you back. For you "Idine" members, its good every day. Closed Mondays

Mike
Old Jun 24, 2003, 11:26 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Welcome to Flyertalk internetaviator

How would you describe the flavor of the love bird sauce?
Old Jul 23, 2003, 5:29 pm

Highland's Garden Café – Denver

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"> Each day's printed menu offers about a dozen appetizers or "light entrees," two soups, half a dozen salads and about 20 entrees, all elaborate and multi-layered creations whose prices reflect the labor-intensive preparations.
But this is food worth it at any cost: feather-light smoked salmon tucked into an omelette moistened with vodka-spiked sour cream ($8.50); golden-crusted crab cakes ($12.50) that are all about the crab; salad greens ($8.50) so fresh and well-chilled they fairly stand at attention, the leaves crisp enough to hold sherried walnuts. And a tangy, tomato-based gazpacho ($5) was so vibrantly flavored with pureed and intact vegetables that it was like eating a bowl of the sun.</font>
Highland's Garden Café 3927 W. 32nd Ave. 303-458-5920 Hours: 5-10 p.m. Tuesdays-Thursdays and Saturdays; 11 a.m.-3 p.m., 5-10 p.m. Fridays; prix-fixe lunch for 65-and-over third Wednesday of each month at 11:30 a.m.
http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,...490967,00.html
Old Oct 14, 2003, 7:55 pm

Kooky, offbeat dining in Denver

according to msn.com

Buckhorn Exchange (
This steak-and-game house has been serving rocky mountain oysters so long, it holds Denver's very first liquor license.
1000 Osage St, Denver, CO
(303) 534-9505

Bastien's Restaurant
One of Denver's best steaks, paradoxically served in '60s-era, Vegas-themed opulence--on East Colfax.
3501 E Colfax Ave, Denver, CO
(303) 322-0363

Bonnie Brae Tavern
The oldest standing pizza parlor in Denver--this joint predates WWII, as does the longevity of some of its regulars.
740 S University Blvd, Denver, CO
(303) 777-2262

Josephina's (
Eat excellent pizza under the sad gaze of a ghost--Amelia, a Prohibition-era flapper, mourns her daughter's demise here.
1433 Larimer St, Denver, CO
(303) 623-0166

Gaetano's Restaurant
This eatery's unwavering dedication to Frank Sinatra is as much a legend as the man himself.
3760 Tejon St, Denver, CO
(303) 455-9852
Old Feb 9, 2004, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Denver Steakhouses

I've eaten at Brooks, the Broker and Cool River. I've eaten at a Palm, but not the one in Denver. Any suggestions for a good steak dinner, good atmostphere and good desert?
Old Feb 11, 2004, 2:06 am

The Palm in Denver (in the Westin, I think) is not good.

Feels like a New York deli, not a steakhouse.

I bet the Flagstaff House in Boulder has a good steak.

Jax is just about the only restaurant I like in Denver.

[This message has been edited by JeremyZ (edited Feb 11, 2004).]
Old May 4, 2004, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Pho in Denver

Any recommendations for good places to get pho in Denver? I've been to quite a few, but I'm always looking for others...

Pho 79 (pretty good)
Pho Duy II (on Peoria near I-70; excellent)
Pho 2000 (so-so)
Thai Heip (pho is mediocre; order the bun instead)
Rolls and Bowls (in Lone Tree; surprisingly good--tell them to hold the onions, unless you really really like onions)

And why do most restaurants call themselves Pho (insert number here)?

Thanks in advance.
Old May 5, 2004, 10:28 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
I don't know about Denver, but Pho is one of my favourite types of food.

If you happen to be in Vancouver (YVR), there are a number of pretty good Vietnamese Pho places.

The soup can get very addictive.
Old May 7, 2004, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I agree. It's so simple and delicious, yet filling...and cheap!
Old Jun 6, 2004, 7:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I've also eaten at Brooks and Del Friscos now. Any other suggestions?
Old Jun 7, 2004, 8:59 pm

Programs: Exxon Mobil Supertanker, WN Double Peanut, Accor Golden Cockroach
Authentic Japanese Food in Denver

I drove down Quebec St. (Stapleton area) this evening looking for a place to eat, and just as I was ready to turn around to head back north, I see this shack named Yoisho Japanese Food and a neon OPEN sign. Put it this way - if you have never been to Japan, this place reeks of authenticity (all it needed was the tv set to be turned to a Japanese station and some Japanese trains in the background). It's run by an older Korean couple, so there are some Korean items on the menu as well.

There is nothing fancy - yakisoba, katsu-don, udon, bulgogi, etc., just good old Japanese comfort food. Don't tell my mom, but their California Roll is better than hers. It has a counter with stools and a couple of tables scattered about.

Yoisho is located at 7236 E. Colfax Ave., on the corner of Colfax and Quebec, and is open 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. The area is kind of seedy and in need of redevelopment. Get there before it is replaced by a strip mall and a Noodles and Co. or Panda Express.
Old Jun 22, 2004, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I've always liked Morton's...2 locations I think.
Old Aug 21, 2004, 6:12 pm

Programs: 1K (I know, my screen name is outdated), Marriott Plat, *Wood Plat, Five Star, Amex Plat
Here are my thoughts:

Ruth's Chris is a typical Ruth's Chris. Good food, good service, consistently solid.

Brook's: If you enjoy food of the caliber of Morton's and or Ruth's Chris with a pretentious atmosphere then this is the place for you.

Del Frisco's: Very good food but the service sucks. I hate restaurants where the 24 year old cocktail waitress looks down her nose at you because you aren't Pat Bowlen. Been there a few times and a reservation means nothing to these people. An 8:30 reservation gets you a seat at 8:45 or 9:00 (or later) and this has happened EVERY time I've been there. The food is good but the food is good at Brook's or Ruth's Chris or Morton's also.

Morton's: This place is my favorite. The food and service are always good and there isn't a pretentious atmosphere. Make sure to go for the Chocolate Godiva cake for dessert.

Sullivan's: Consistantly good but nothing stands out, in my opinion. Does have a nice location though.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

If you don't care about the atmosphere or dessert, I'm a fan of Aurora Summit Steakhouse. Prices are about half of what Ruth Chris' charges.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 11:24 pm

I'm not sure if it's still there, but I remember Baby Doe's having a good steak.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.