Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > West
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Sedona AZ - questions, advice, recommendations" thread

Consolidated "Sedona AZ - questions, advice, recommendations" thread

Old Aug 19, 2015, 7:40 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Just got back from a quick trip to Arizona. Had a very pleasant stay at the Hilton Sedona Resort. I used 50,000 points which is high, but they're pretty easy to earn and the hotel is really nice. Excellent service from everyone there, good breakfast, nice view of the golf course from our excellent room.

I also had dinner at Che-Ah-Che at the Enchantment Inn. Absolutely excellent meal, good wine list, good cocktails and a lovely setting. Plus, it's a great hotel to walk around in (and dream of when I'll be able to afford it!)

On another note, Uber has come to Sedona though there aren't many drivers so I was unable to get a ride back from Enchantment to the Hilton. Oh and of course I drove 89A up to Flagstaff the next day, that's always a treat.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 5:03 pm

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United MP 30+ yrs
Question Sedona body work/massage (etc) recommendations request

Will be in Sedona the week of January 14-21 at the Hyatt and would like to take advantage of the incredible practitioners there. Does anyone have recommendations for body workers (massage, shiatsu etc.) or other healing therapies (cranial sacral etc)?

Ideas for individuals or studios that might be particularly good gratefully appreciated.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 9:42 pm

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United MP 30+ yrs
I ended up getting a lovely massage from this woman who I would recommend: Penny (813) 340-6444
Sedona Soul Spa - Natural Healing, Breathwork, Massage

Massage was at her home in West Sedona, very professional and comfortable, excellent at communicating, gave perfect directions. $185 for 2 hours and was very glad I had chosen her.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 6:58 am
Suspended

Is it possible to see Sedona without renting a car?

Is there a tour/shuttles/buses that go in and around Sedona so that you don't need to rent a car? Perhaps an uber if its cheap? Thanks.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by fay637
Is there a tour/shuttles/buses that go in and around Sedona so that you don't need to rent a car? Perhaps an uber if its cheap? Thanks.

H,

There is a trolley bus that does a couple of tour routes

https://www.sedonatrolley.com/

but if you want to explore much further then you will need to do a tour ( lots going to various red rocks ie pink jeep or grand canyon) or use a car ( nor sure on uber) if just staying in uptown sedona or oak creek ( ie hilton) you could get by without a car and do the tours.

Regards

TBS
Old Jan 23, 2020, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

May I ask how youre planning to get to Sedona?
Old Jan 24, 2020, 9:04 am

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st
I would strongly recommend the Pink Jeep Tours.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.