Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > West
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Sedona AZ - questions, advice, recommendations" thread

Consolidated "Sedona AZ - questions, advice, recommendations" thread

Old Mar 17, 2008, 7:12 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Sedona restaurants are expensive and poor quality for the most part -- very disappointing for an otherwise charming, beautiful and desirable travel destination. I guess it goes along with the shopping (which is also overpriced and poor quality for the most part). There are 2 bakery restaurants which are surprisingly good (and one is a small chain!). Try Wildflower Bread Co on Hwy 89a by the Hilton, or the Desert Flour Bakery on Hwy 179 -- they are both cafe type restaurants, as well as bakeries.
Old May 20, 2008, 9:33 pm

Sedona hyatt Pinon Point

I received a offer in the mail to stay at the Hyatt Pinon point in Sdeona (great location in center of everything, great views, nice hotel) for $69 a night as a offer to listen to a two hour timeshare pitch. Has anyone done this before, or any other offers with Hyatt timeshares? Seems like a great deal, is it worth the two hours of hassle (I'm not the type easily swayed to buy things, I never make impulse purchases).
Old Mar 21, 2011, 9:48 am

Programs: SPG gold, US Airways, UAL, Marriott, BA
Sedona hotels

Last minute planning and in need of a hotel for 2 nights. We are 2 adults and a 13 year old. I looked at Trip Advisor and got sticker shock! I guess waiting until now to book for April 17 wasn't too bright but oh well, here I am.

Can anyone offer any suggestions? I've never been to Sedona before. Looking for around $200 (prefer a bit less) per night. My main priority would be a clean modern room not too far off the beaten path.

Thanks!
Old Mar 21, 2011, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
I see rooms for 2 at L'Auberge de Sedona for $225 a night. This is definitely one of the nicest properties in the area and the rate is about 1/2 of the usual rate - IMO it's well worth it if you can splurge a little.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by JerryFF
I see rooms for 2 at L'Auberge de Sedona for $225 a night. This is definitely one of the nicest properties in the area and the rate is about 1/2 of the usual rate - IMO it's well worth it if you can splurge a little.
Thanks. I looked into it and there's one room left. It's in the lodge with 1 king sized bed. Although we could all probably fit, we wouldn't get much sleep!
Old Mar 24, 2011, 12:30 pm

Best Western Plus Arroyo Roble Hotel

Anyone ever stayed at the Best Western Plus Arroyo Roble Hotel? I waiting until the last minute to book and there is not much available at a "reasonable" price in Sedona for April, Easter week. I was able to book a room in the main hotel for $220.99 a night. Thought it sounded like good deal. I;m open to suggestions about other places to stay within that same price range. Thanks!
Old Mar 26, 2011, 5:55 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Its a thin market and close to millions living in PHX, some of whom want to go there for Easter. Hence the volatile pricing driven by supply and demand. Great place to visit, and driving up for the day from PHX is an option. Jerome is a fun place to visit too (ghost town now filled with artists after the copper mine closed).
Old Mar 27, 2011, 4:33 pm

Programs: Choice Privileges DIA, HHonors, United, Delta
Perhaps staying in Flagstaff is an option? A relatively short (40 minute) drive down 89A, plus you get to come down this...
Old Mar 28, 2011, 11:06 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by mclee19
Perhaps staying in Flagstaff is an option? A relatively short (40 minute) drive down 89A, plus you get to come down this...
I stayed in Flagstaff on my last trip to Sedona. At first I was skeptical about staying 45 minutes away, but it worked out fine. Route 89A was a pleasant drive. I didn't feel like the extra time spent in the car subtracted from my enjoyment. And, of course, I saved a lot of money compared to staying in Sedona.
Old May 23, 2011, 7:37 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
I just spent a week in Sedona at a private home that I rented via VRBO. It was fantastic -- tons of space, a full kitchen, washer/dryer. I'll never stay in a hotel again.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 8:45 am

Programs: AA MARRIOTT Lifetime Plat Premier ; Marriott Vacation Club
West Fork Trail -Sedona AZ

Heading out to Sedona to do some hiking. The West Fork Trail is on our list as it's always a nice hike. What time do they open the gate there? Already know it's a popular trail, so we want to get going early ( going on a week day as we already know how fast the parking lot fills up on weekends ). Also, I still assume that the annual National Parks pass is not accepted for this trail and that lacking a Red Rocks Pass, we must pay a fee.

Can't wait to get out to Sedona as we've got 7 days to hike an assortment of trails.

Barry
Old Sep 19, 2013, 9:44 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
I was out there earlier this season. I don't know what time the parking lot opens, though if you're there really early you'll probably be able to find free parking along the roadside near the gate. And yes, the lot does charge for parking even for people holding a National Parks Pass (as I do). Their explanation is that they're a private company so the pass doesn't pertain to them.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 7:41 pm

I have 3 Sedona reservations - please help me choose

I don't normally do this, but I don't know Sedona at all. I've never visited. I will be traveling with my college-bound daughter in a couple of weeks and we are traveling from Vegas to Sedona to Scottsdale to Tuscon via car. Apparently, this is an awfully expensive time of year to travel to this area.

I need to decide on a hotel in Sedona. Our interests are sightseeing, a little hiking (nothing cray), views, poolside lounging, good meals (she is vegetarian, I'm not), a little light shopping/boutiques.

I have 3 reseravtions:

1. L'Auberge - a spa cottage room at $480 nt (we'd have to sleep together in a king). This is so pricey and seems more romantic than anything else. It might not be right for a mom/daughter stay. But is it worth it for other reasons?

2. Amara - a studio suite for $439 nt (I cant tell if it is a suite or a studio - the description doesn't make sense) We like to sofa bed idea and like it even more if the sofa bed is in a separate room). Rooms like nice but the grounds? Eh? Pool?

3. Hilton poolview/golfview for $369 nt - I'm a pretty loyal Hilton memeber and have a small suite resrved...nothing fancy but it does give us two rooms (king +sofa bed). I can't tell how dated this hotel is. It looks a little dated in the photos.

Obviously, I'm not going for cheap...but I am not a millionaire and I always want to save a few $$, but also like to enjoy myself and stay well. We only have 2 nights in Sedona.

What would you suggest? Thanks so much!
Old Mar 21, 2015, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi bluwater,

You will love Sedona.

Both L'Auberge and Amara are in Sedona itself and very close to Downtown Sedona and Oak Creek so there are a lot of boutique shops nearby with good hikes nearby. Tlaquepaque ( www.tlaq.com) has a lot of shops in an mexican village style and is close to downtown sedona.

The Hilton is not in Sedona itself but is in the Village of Oak Creek ( about 6 miles south of Sedona itself - an easy drive but you could have traffic). There are some good hikes nearby ie around Bell Rock and Courthouse butte at the north end of Oak Creek ( around 30mins walk from the hilton along the paved sidewalks or you could drive and park in the parking area)

The Hilton is very nice with good views and a good size pool and fitness ares. The Village Oak Creek has a few restaurants.

The hilton has probably the best pool but L'auberge and Amara may have the Oak creek experience and you can walk to Downtown sedona. The photos from googling suggest both have reasonable pools ( nothing fancy)

I would also look at the Pink Jeep tours to take you into the red rocks and the Sedona trolley to take you on a short tour of sedona ( including the chapel of the holy cross).

I have stayed at the Hilton and enjoyed it with walks around Bell rock and taking the pink jeep tours but for a first time visitor I would probably go for either L'Aubergre or Amara ( no personal experience though)

Enjoy.

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Mar 21, 2015 at 4:06 am
Old Mar 21, 2015, 5:25 am

I would stay in town if possible

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.