1st trip to ABQ

Old Nov 21, 02, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
1st trip to ABQ

I'm off on my 1st trip ever to New Mexico. I get into ABQ about 2 in the afternoon.

I have a National Parks Pass and would love some advice about a killer drive for the afternoon.

Also, about what time will it get dark, weather, etc.

Old Nov 21, 02, 11:49 am
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, United 1k, United Club (life), Virgin Silver, Marriott/SPG/Hilton/Accor Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Thumper:
I'm off on my 1st trip ever to New Mexico. I get into ABQ about 2 in the afternoon.

I have a National Parks Pass and would love some advice about a killer drive for the afternoon.

Also, about what time will it get dark, weather, etc.</font>

Sunrise: 6:47 AM
Sunset: 4:58 PM

weather forecast
Old Nov 22, 02, 11:31 pm

The Taos Pueblo is great, but they'll be closing when you get there. Go the next day, if you can. The Acoma Pueblo is west of ABQ, and is also well worth the drive.

Head for old town ABQ, look for the restaurant on the square with a tree growing out of it. Good food, and the sopapillas are famous.

JP
Old Nov 23, 02, 6:57 am

Programs: AA,HP,MP,DL,SPG, MR
I hope you will take the time to drive up to Santa Fe. You will have a splendid day there!
Old Nov 25, 02, 4:17 pm

And one of the most scenic routes from ABQ to Santa Fe is the little known Turquoise Trail ( http://www.newmexico.org/ScenicAttra...yway_turq.html ). Pure driving time it takes about 15-20 minutes more than taking I-25 (which takes about 60 minutes). Longer if you stop at the small towns along the way and browse the antique stores and such.
I'd also recommend Bandelier ( http://www.nps.gov/band/ ) which is just north of SF near Los Alamos. If you are going anytime soon though, bundled up! Have a great trip!

[This message has been edited by disneybride (edited 11-25-2002).]

Search this Thread