Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > West
Reload this Page >

DEN/Colorado White Water Rafting

Old Jul 24, 2002, 9:18 am
Original Poster

I will be in Denver 9/12-15 and wanted to know if anyone has any recommendations for things to do. Also, has anyone been white water rafting in the area? So far, it looks like I want to raft in the Royal Gorge area.

thanks
Old Jul 24, 2002, 11:27 am

I was in Breckenridge a few weeks ago. Everyone said NOT to go rafting. There wasn't enough snow over the winter and the rivers don't have a lot of water so you'll end up having to pull your raft through the rocks. I can't comment on the area where you mentioned though.
Old Jul 24, 2002, 10:16 pm

Programs: Former 1KMM now free as UA Gold MM, former HH D, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I'd definitely avoid rafting in September. There's a severe drought throughout Colorado, and virtually no snowpack left in the mountains to feed the waterways you want to ride.

Come back in May for the spring melt if you can. The Royal Gorge is quite a workout (Class IV) and not for the float-trip crowd. I also think the Poudre Canyon (near Fort Collins) is also a lot of fun.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:40 am
Suspended

I'd recommend you to try Denver white water rafting in between May - August not in September. Rocky Mountain Adventure(shoprma.com) is the best rafting company in Colorado. If you have any queries regarding whitewater rafting then ask the professionals they will give you proper suggestions as well as guide you which tour is perfect for you.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:43 am
Suspended

I'd recommend you to try Denver white water rafting in between May - August not in September. Rocky Mountain Adventure(shoprma.com) is the best rafting company in Colorado. If you have any queries regarding whitewater rafting then ask the professionals they will give you proper suggestions as well as guide you which tour is perfect for you.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 7:40 am

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st
Do you have the time and energy to go some distance from Denver? I recommend you drive the two hours southwest to Buena Vista, and do the Arkansas River with Noah's Ark or some group like that at the Brown's Canyon area.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.