Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > West
Reload this Page >

Does car rental return at Albuquerque International require a shuttle?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2023, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Does car rental return at Albuquerque International require a shuttle back to check in?
Old May 23, 2023, 10:56 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Yes it does.
Old May 23, 2023, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Thank you 😊
Old May 27, 2023, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Keying in on the word 'require', it is possible to walk from the Rental Car Center to the terminal on paved sidewalks. It is a bit of a circuitous route and I don't recommend it, but it's definitely possible.

There's a shorter route if you (and the police) don't mind walking along the edge of a road without a sidewalk.

The Sunport is quite pedestrian friendly. I've walked from the airport to a nearby hotel rather than wait for a shuttle on more than one occasion.
DELee likes this.

Last edited by kale73; May 28, 2023 at 5:28 am
Old May 28, 2023, 1:46 am
Original Poster

Thank you. I am dropping off night before my flight to save rental cost and parking so can scope this out,
Old May 28, 2023, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bobbigp
Thank you. I am dropping off night before my flight to save rental cost and parking so can scope this out,
If you're staying overnight at one of the local properties with an airport shuttle, most of them do pick ups and drop offs at the rental car center on request. The free rental car shuttle buses run to/from the terminal every 15 minutes or so.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.