FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   West (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/west-456/)
-   -   Market for re-selling Denver airport rail passes? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/west/1999820-market-re-selling-denver-airport-rail-passes.html)

A318neo Dec 14, 2019 1:22 pm

Market for re-selling Denver airport rail passes?

In NYC, I frequently see young men trying to sell or buy MetroCards from airport passengers. How about in Denver?

I see that a $10.50 airport rail ticket is good for one way or for 24 hours. Wouldn't a departing passenger be able to split the cost with an arriving passenger? I don't see anything on their website prohibiting this.

HawaiiTrvlr Dec 18, 2019 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by A318neo (Post 31839990)
In NYC, I frequently see young men trying to sell or buy MetroCards from airport passengers. How about in Denver?

I see that a $10.50 airport rail ticket is good for one way or for 24 hours. Wouldn't a departing passenger be able to split the cost with an arriving passenger? I don't see anything on their website prohibiting this.

I havent seen anyone do what you describe in Denver. What I have seen are some people just handing their ticket over to another passenger or they will leave it in a conspicuous place that someone will find it. Im not sure anyone would try to resell the ticket only because there are plenty of transit police are hanging out on the platform (both at the airport and Union Station). I buy mine using a phone app so I don't have an actual ticket I can hand over. I work at DIA on Tuesdays so I buy a lot of tickets.

A318neo Feb 24, 2020 10:49 am

I didn't see anyone hand out or leave their daily pass, which costs the same as a one way city/airport ticket.

Since I only had one place to go, I took the train. That saved a lot versus car rental.

Denver is so spread out that most people probably need a car unless they have someone to pick them up or have only one thing to do downtown.

On one way, nobody checked tickets. On the way back, there was one person to check tickets. I didn't see any cheaters with no tickets. The airport fare is much higher than non-airport fares except they are the same as a systemwide 1 day pass. A one way (3 hour pass) downtown to anywhere is $5.50 except $10.50 to the airport. A one way (3 hour pass) for 1-2 zones, which would cover Aurora to downtown or Aurora to almost the airport is $3 versus $10.50 to the airport. A 1 day (not 24 hours but expires around 2 am) pass for the whole system, including the airport, is $10.50

RoyalFlush May 7, 2021 4:20 am

Better yet, my beloved nephew had a business collecting left over cannabis products from every hotel’s every garbage can between The on Terminal DIA Westin and 16th Street Mall and reselling it.

The Colorado Department of Public Health and the Environment took a dim view of such.

I swear, some people’s children.

BTW, back of those paper tickets says non-transferable.