Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > West
Reload this Page >

Grand Canyon area

Grand Canyon area

Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I have two nights reserved at El Tovar lodge for July 10-12. Need to cancel. If anyone wants this rez, we can coordinate. Message me.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 3:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Lost
^ For the east entrance from downtown Flagstaff take Route 66 or I-40 east about 5 miles, then take US 89 north to Cameron, then AZ 64 west into the park.

You can make a loop if you want by taking this route to the park, drive through the park, then exit through Tusayan and take AZ 64 south and either US 180 or I-40 east back to Flagstaff. They take about the same amount of time, but US 180 is more scenic. If you come back after dark watch for elk, especially on 180.
We too, are staying in Flagstaff and like the sound of this route. Would you recommend driving through GCNP and parking then walking from the many viewpoints? Is there any advantage in taking the shuttle bus and parking fewer times?
Old Jun 22, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by TedToToe

We too, are staying in Flagstaff and like the sound of this route. Would you recommend driving through GCNP and parking then walking from the many viewpoints? Is there any advantage in taking the shuttle bus and parking fewer times?
the shuttle bus does not operate from east entrance and many view points in the east. You need to drive these yourself.

the shuttle bus routes....there are 4

year round is the lodging village area shuttle
there is a shuttle from village to visitor crnter to a few mikes east of it snd also runs year tound
a third is the west rim west of lodges snd only bus access from March-novrmber
the other bus goes from just outside the park in tussyan into the park.

look at tusayan for lodging. You really want to see the park at sunrise and sunset.

TedToToe likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.