Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > West
Reload this Page >

Cathedral Rock Climb - Sedona

Old Feb 20, 2017, 11:52 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Anyone who had done this, have a question for you.

After doing a little research, I discovered there are two trail options. The first is only .3 miles and is basically the climb up. The second is 4 miles long and takes much longer obviously. We will be on a bit of a time crunch and so I'd like to do the shorter one but have also been told the parking lot is extremely small and once it's filled, everyone else is essentially forced to the longer trail which has a larger parking lot.

So if I want to make it in the parking lot, what time in the morning would you suggest arriving by? I don't think the 4 mile hike fits into our schedule time wise so it'd be disappointing to strike out here.

Old Feb 20, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA Aluminum, WN B+
While I haven't hike from that particular trailhead, I have hiked from many others around town. Monday-Thursday I don't think you'll have much of a problem. Friday-Sunday try to get there before 8am. Of course you could always sit and wait for someone to leave too. That's still faster than a 4 mile hike.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.