Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > West
Reload this Page >

Boulder CO May - Boulderado or St. Julien?

Old Feb 6, 17, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver (2019)

These hotels only mentioned in passing when I searched, not compared head to head. Both are rated well, room rates & parking comparable for my dates. Seems that we can walk around to restaurants & beer pretty easily. How to choose?? We definitely want to be able to walk to dinner - will be in town for 2 nights prior to a conference further outside of town....Thanks!
Old Feb 6, 17, 8:38 am

I live in Boulder, so happy to chime in. It depends on what you're looking for. They're both equidistant to Pearl Street and downtown in general, so it really comes down to each hotel's style. Boulderado is like a time machine (in a good way) - it's all done in that western Victorian style from the late 1800s. It's ornate, feels very historic (indeed, it is historic!), but is still a solid 4-star hotel. The St. Julien is our "modern" option. In my book the style is a cross between an italian palazzo and a very modern hotel. Great lobby scene that often includes free live music, comfortable rooms, and a great spa/indoor pool. St. Julien's views of the Flatirons from a number of rooms and their patio are oustanding. Our families and my work colleagues prefer the St. Julien, but are happy to stay at the Boulderado when that's not an option. You really can't go wrong. If you do end up at the Julien, be sure to pop your head in the Boulderado (or do happy hour at Corner Bar/License No. 1 or eat at Spruce), so you can see it - it's really pretty amazing. Hope that helps.
Old Feb 6, 17, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the comparison! I thought my husband would be turned off by the ornate victoriana at the Boulderado, but I think he might be leaning that way. But it's good to know they're both pretty good options! I think I'm personally leaning toward the St, Julien so we'll have to see who wins
Old Feb 6, 17, 9:49 am

Programs: UA, Marriott, Starwood, et al
Originally Posted by Aknoff View Post
I live in Boulder, so happy to chime in. It depends on what you're looking for. They're both equidistant to Pearl Street and downtown in general, so it really comes down to each hotel's style. Boulderado is like a time machine (in a good way) - it's all done in that western Victorian style from the late 1800s. It's ornate, feels very historic (indeed, it is historic!), but is still a solid 4-star hotel. The St. Julien is our "modern" option. In my book the style is a cross between an italian palazzo and a very modern hotel. Great lobby scene that often includes free live music, comfortable rooms, and a great spa/indoor pool. St. Julien's views of the Flatirons from a number of rooms and their patio are oustanding. Our families and my work colleagues prefer the St. Julien, but are happy to stay at the Boulderado when that's not an option. You really can't go wrong. If you do end up at the Julien, be sure to pop your head in the Boulderado (or do happy hour at Corner Bar/License No. 1 or eat at Spruce), so you can see it - it's really pretty amazing. Hope that helps.
I will second Ankoff's comments. I have stayed at the Boulderado but not St. J, although I have attended a number of meetings there. In case mobility is a factor, Boulderado is more spread out, so that there may be more walking to get from the lobby area to your hotel. I suspect everything there is ADA compliant, but you might put that in your res if relevant. I seem to remember needing to take several short staircases up and down to reach my room.

TRRed
Old Feb 6, 17, 10:05 am
Original Poster

As of right now, no mobility restrictions. Knock wood the same is true in May. Thanks!

Search this Thread