Reload this Page >

New designs for Seatac expansion are out

Old Mar 17, 2016, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold

http://www.king5.com/story/news/loca...sion/81852866/

Seems like they're using pretty pessimistic growth options for the next 20yrs. Or maybe they're assuming Paine field will be handling commercial flights by then?
Old Mar 17, 2016, 11:03 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
I dont think 35 gates is pessimistic in terms of growth.

Could Paine be an operational airport?? Boeing field?

In 20 years you could also see McChrod field be deactivated as an AF base and be turned into a commercial airport.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by djp98374
I dont think 35 gates is pessimistic in terms of growth.

Could Paine be an operational airport?? Boeing field?

In 20 years you could also see McChrod field be deactivated as an AF base and be turned into a commercial airport.
Indeed, it is!

Here's a link:

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/201...WS01/160309495

another one:

http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/n...ommercial.html
Old Mar 22, 2016, 1:13 am

Could Paine be an operational airport?
It's looking pretty likely:

http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/n...ommercial.html
Old Mar 24, 2016, 6:17 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Legally being one snd actually functioning one will be sn issue.

The only airlines I see operating from there are airlines like allegient or spirit. Maybe alaska does something for Boeing execs and moves the Charleston flight to there. You aldo could see dome Charter those of flights to places like Vegas or Santa Ana.

In this era of airline consolidation what airlines would want yo operate from there?

Ther are numerous airports that can take commercial flights but don't.

The other issue is a real safety issue because the approach for seattle goes right in that space below 10,000 feet.

Seattke isn't large enough to support 2 real airports.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 10:41 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
You could, but I think it's unlikely. The location is bad (far side of Tacoma? seriously?) and Joint Base Lewis-McChord has been growing as other bases are closed. PAE is more likely to be useful (with SEA for Seattle and points south and PAE serving Bothell and points north) and to get transit access than TCM.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
In this era of airline consolidation what airlines would want to operate from there?
In this era of unpredictable 24/7 traffic paralysis across greater Seattle, with people living north of the city missing more and more flights out of SEA because of gridlock on the ground, PAE is going to be more and more attractive for pax and airlines alike.

If DL had an early-morning PAE-SLC RJ connecting to an eastbound mainline bank, I'd be all over it. Paine is < 20 minutes from my house. And I bet onsite parking won't cost $28 a day either.

The more congested and impassable the Seattle metroplex, the stronger the case for PAE.

The other issue is a real safety issue because the approach for seattle goes right in that space below 10,000 feet.
As PAE and SEA are about 40 miles apart, and the southbound approaches to SEA pass directly over BFI, which is 6 or 7 miles from SEA, at 3,000 to 5,000 feet, I'd say you're raising a non-issue. And I presume you are aware that PAE is the scene of dozens of heavy movements daily which do not interfere with SEA arrivals or departures.
Old May 25, 2016, 12:03 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, UA, AA ExPlat, AS, HHonors Diamond, Avis Preferred, Marriott, Priority Pass
Terminal A and Food court

http://komonews.com/news/local/look-...ndergo-changes

Does anyone know more about the plans to upgrade terminal A and food court?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.