Questions about lounge access, accessing different concourses, etc., at DEN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2016, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat

Few questions about layout and club locations. Flying on Delta out of terminal C. Depending on how early we get there probably go to Admirals club as there does not seem to be a Delta club or Priority Pass lounge. Access to Admirals with Citi AAdvantage Exec card and supposed to be able to use even if not flying AA.

Seems after security you have to go through A to get to C, correct?

So if at Admirals club in A what am I looking at walking distance time wise to C?

Any other club options, AMEX plat, Priority Pass also, no other club memberships.....last time I was in Denver it was Stapleton....
Old Jan 22, 2016, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
There is no walking from the A gates to the C gates. You'll get back on the train.

Admirals Club is above the A gates.

If you are PreCheck, you'll need to go through the PreCheck security on the main terminal floor, then board the train to the A gates. Get off the train there and look for the south elevator to take you up to the Admirals Club/USO level. The AC at DEN is nice and the agents there are good.

Once you're ready to head to the C gates, take the elevator back down to the trains and proceed to the C gates. I'd allow 15-20 minutes total from the AC to the C gates.

(There's perhaps a 1% chance that PreCheck will be open at bridge security, which is the lesser-known security checkpoint accessed by walking across the bridge to just before the A gates. If it's open and you can use PreCheck - or if you don't have PreCheck and just want to get to the Admirals Club - use the bridge security, and then just walk to the AC from there.)
Old Jan 22, 2016, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Great, thanks. Much bigger than the maps indicate it seems
Old Jan 23, 2016, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jonesdds
Great, thanks. Much bigger than the maps indicate it seems
Similar to ATL, with the glaring exception that you can only move from concourse to concourse by train. (At ATL you can walk from concourse to concourse if you wish.)
Old Jan 23, 2016, 11:57 am

Programs: UA, Marriott, Starwood, et al
As usual, I agree with what DB wrote.

Let me add that, if the main security areas including pre-check lines are crowded, sometimes going through the bridge security can be faster, especially if you are heading to the A concourse. At Bridge security, if you point out to the TSA person checking your ID to boarding pass that you are pre-check eligible, there is a chance that they will let you keep your shoes on and go through the metal detector rather than the body scanner, but that seems to vary.

I am not aware that DIA has a Priority Pass lounge or any club in C concourse currently.

I am not sure whether any AS flights out of DIA may also be DL codeshare, but AFAIK, AS is still departing out of A.

There are not many features of ATL I prefer over DIA, but being able to walk between concourses is one of them that I wish DIA had.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 5:39 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by TRRed
... but AFAIK, AS is still departing out of A.
Correct. Gate 52.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That is so sweet of you Red! Let's get married.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Let me add that, if the main security areas including pre-check lines are crowded, sometimes going through the bridge security can be faster, especially if you are heading to the A concourse. At Bridge security, if you point out to the TSA person checking your ID to boarding pass that you are pre-check eligible, there is a chance that they will let you keep your shoes on and go through the metal detector rather than the body scanner, but that seems to vary.

I am not aware that DIA has a Priority Pass lounge or any club in C concourse currently.

I am not sure whether any AS flights out of DIA may also be DL codeshare, but AFAIK, AS is still departing out of A.

There are not many features of ATL I prefer over DIA, but being able to walk between concourses is one of them that I wish DIA had.
Sorry, not up on abbreviations.

DIA?
AS?

As far as the bridge security, I do have pre check. Does it not have a pre check line? Sounds like if below pre check is busy then going above might be quicker even with doing security the old way? And it's a straight shot to Admirals club it sounds like...
Old Jan 23, 2016, 7:43 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Jonesdds
Sorry, not up on abbreviations.

DIA?
AS?
Denver International Airport (referred to locally and throughout the state as DIA)

AS = Alaska Airlines
Old Jan 23, 2016, 10:30 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
Similar to ATL, with the glaring exception that you can only move from concourse to concourse by train.
You could walk if you know where the secret tunnels are.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 12:07 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz

Is there no longer PreCheck at bridge security?

I went through last May, and there was, with quite a line.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aztimm
Is there no longer PreCheck at bridge security?

I went through last May, and there was, with quite a line.
It's there; the last half dozen times I've flown out of DEN, it's been closed. Grrr.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 4:03 pm

It's there; the last half dozen times I've flown out of DEN, it's been closed. Grrr.
That has been my experience as well. Last time I was there, the Precheck sign was still up but was marked closed. One of the greeters I think mentioned that they were not doing Precheck on the bridge. So it is not totally clear to me if it is "permanently" closed or is only used at certain days/times.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 4:17 pm

That is so sweet of you Red! Let's get married.
From a number of couples I know, such agreement would be, shall we say, atypical. . .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.