Antelope Canyon in Arizona

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Antelope Canyon in Arizona

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2022, 10:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Resurrecting this thread rather than starting a new one. Have a smallish group of 5 planning a visit to Page this holiday season. Two of us have been through Upper Antelope Canyon, none of us through Lower.

I asked a friend who is Navajo for any ideas, but they don't have any connections in that area, so I figured this is the next best place to ask. Are there any private tours or private guides taking guests through both canyons? We want to avoid any crowds or groups aside from our own, and pretty much have as much of the canyon's choice photo spots to ourselves where possible with a flexible amount of time to enjoy the space rather than rush through with a herd. I know Upper Canyon can have a never-ending stream of people through it with constant group tours, but having a private guide would get us around them where practical.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 12:15 pm

Programs: SPEBSQSA
Try sending a PM to @kale73. He lives on the Navajo Reservation, albeit in Eastern AZ. However, he may have a contact for you.
bocastephen likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I sent a more detailed message to bocastephen via PM. To the best of my knowledge the only way to legally visit Antelope Canyon these days is by engaging the services of one of the authorized tour operators listed on this Navajo Nation Parks and Recreation page. One would have to contact the operators directly to see if any ‘special arrangement’ private tours are possible.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 5:43 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Resurrecting this thread rather than starting a new one. Have a smallish group of 5 planning a visit to Page this holiday season. Two of us have been through Upper Antelope Canyon, none of us through Lower.

I asked a friend who is Navajo for any ideas, but they don't have any connections in that area, so I figured this is the next best place to ask. Are there any private tours or private guides taking guests through both canyons? We want to avoid any crowds or groups aside from our own, and pretty much have as much of the canyon's choice photo spots to ourselves where possible with a flexible amount of time to enjoy the space rather than rush through with a herd. I know Upper Canyon can have a never-ending stream of people through it with constant group tours, but having a private guide would get us around them where practical.
for upper you have the specific photographers tour but those operate from around April-October because the sun does not reach the canyon floor this time of year.

lower portion is run by two different Navajo based companies. They have a small group photo tour Led by a guide but you will still have a lot of people passing you doing regular tours. With lower you have different times of day for getting sun in the canyon.

they will close these off for high profile tv/ photo shoots. You might have to do long term planning in booking and ask they don’t offer tours for like 30-45 min after you enter where you are affectively buying out the tickets for these times or you coordinate to be last of the day or first of the morning access.

both canyons are only guided access.
bocastephen and SWCPHX like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.