Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > West
Reload this Page >

Easiest way to get from Denver International to Red Rocks Ampitheatre

Old Sep 2, 15, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL

Taking advantage of todays $30 Frontier sale to head out to a concert at Red Rocks. Landing in the morning and departing the following morning. What is the easiest way to get to Red Rocks? I see there is no bus service, so should I get a rental car, Uber, or is there some sort of shuttle service from a point downtown.
Old Sep 3, 15, 8:48 am

RTD (bus service) can get you from the airport to downtown Denver and then you could use these guys: Shuttle for $35. However, they may not be at all the concerts - check their page for a listing.

I'm not sure how much Uber would cost. Any thoughts on renting a car or is that not an option?

Other shuttle options:
CID Colorado
BusToShow
Old Sep 3, 15, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
FYI... Red Rocks is a zoo after a concert. It will take you a *long* time to get out of the parking lot. It may be faster to walk to the bottom and take a cab or something.
Old Sep 4, 15, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DrewGzy View Post
RTD (bus service) can get you from the airport to downtown Denver and then you could use these guys: Shuttle for $35. However, they may not be at all the concerts - check their page for a listing.

I'm not sure how much Uber would cost. Any thoughts on renting a car or is that not an option?

Other shuttle options:
CID Colorado
BusToShow
Thanks! I'm not opposed to renting a car if that's easiest. It looks like a rental would be around $50 (plus fuel and parking at the venue) so not too much more.
Old Sep 4, 15, 10:48 am

If you don't mind me asking: which concert are you going to?
Old Sep 4, 15, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DrewGzy View Post
If you don't mind me asking: which concert are you going to?
Ben Harper
Old Sep 10, 15, 7:58 am

Programs: United, Marriott, Choice, Avis, Hertz
Neat info on the shuttles. Uber is also an option. I've often seen black cars after the show, but you could probably try to summon an X as well and perhaps this has grown easier.

Red Rocks is a hole in the RTD system, for sure. Car rental is probably easiest and I've never paid for parking at Red Rocks--the website says it is most often included in ticket price. Really depends on what you want to spend and how much you're planning to party.

Enjoy the show!
Old Sep 10, 15, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum
I would pop for the rental car. You have lots of hours before the concert to drive around and enjoy the area.
Old Sep 12, 15, 6:15 pm

Programs: Hilton & SPG Gold. National Biz Exec. Hertz 5 Diamond. AMX Plat. CSR. Freedom.
I would recommend a rental or Uber/Lyft.
Old Sep 16, 15, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Wanted to circle back and wrap this thread up. I did end up getting a rental for around $60 plus $25 in gas. Went straight to Red Rocks and wandered around a bit, drove down to where the Coors brewery tours were held only to find out that they weren't currently offering tours, so I headed back towards Red Rocks and just got lost for a bit driving around and taking in the sights. Came back down to Morrison and bar hopped a little and was in the concert at 6. Parking was included and I was able to park right near the east stairs so it was a quick walk, but traffic was backed up after the show. No biggie, all I was doing was headed back to overnight at the airport before my early morning flight this morning anyways. Overall it was an awesome way to spend 30 hours or so.
Old Sep 24, 15, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum
Glad you had a great time in our fair city.

The Coors brewery tour sucks, so you didn't miss much. If you want an awesome brewery experience, go to Ft. Collins, grab a bike, and visit 5-8 amazing breweries in one day.
Old Sep 24, 15, 11:44 pm

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by pseudoswede View Post
Glad you had a great time in our fair city.

The Coors brewery tour sucks, so you didn't miss much. If you want an awesome brewery experience, go to Ft. Collins, grab a bike, and visit 5-8 amazing breweries in one day.
There's good breweries in Golden too

But yes, Coors is not one of them.

Search this Thread