Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > West
Reload this Page >

OneGo - Unlimited West Coast flying for $1500/mo

Old Jun 19, 2015, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA

OneGo offers all-you-can-eat west coast flights for $1,500 per month. These flights are booked into discount economy and accrue frequent flier points.

For a base of $1,500 travelers can hold up to four reservations at least seven days in advance. For an extra $1,000 reservations can be made up to six hours before flight.

Not sure whether someone wants to do an epic mileage run month---but doing SAN-SEA laps could earn someone serious status on AS/DL for $2,500. Think---three hour flight time, six hours minimum reservation time and four flights at a time. Conceivably someone working full time could fly two roundtrips per day for 30 days. That's 4,000 miles/day or 120,000 miles/month for $2,500.

Any thoughts?
Old Jun 19, 2015, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
There's a $750 signup fee, so a single month actually costs $2250. OTOH, they throw in free GoGo wifi and free Priority Pass for clubs. They'll also credit your PreCheck app fee if you don't yet have PreCheck.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 10:25 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, WN A-List
Whats the code for free sign-up?
Old Jun 19, 2015, 11:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
it would be useful to know what fare basis they are using for their flights...since DL/UA are basing RDM and status on paid dollars vs just miles flown.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
could be interesting for AA, AS credit. PHX-SEA ... that's a long route. Up to 4 reservations at a time is a limitation for true MRs.
Interesting concept and for regular commuters it could be an option to consider, else probably too expensive.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
interesting. would be much more interesting for me to use for more than MR'ing if they could get WN involved.

i would imagine these are booking into a mid-tier fare class at best, given the 7 day AP requirement.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 10:33 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
As this product offer is limited to the West, I'll move the thread to the dedicated forum on the U.S. West region. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 12:32 pm

Programs: Skymiles GM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Hertz 5*
I'm quite sure in some months such as December, I could easily earn back the $2,500 through VDB vouchers. (eg. $1,500 + $1,000 last minute booking package)

Note:
May I book any flight I want?

With OneGo, you can book any direct flight that is offered from the routes included in our service area that has an available seat within the designated class. All of the flights you book through OneGo are direct flights booked as discounted economy class fares.
Will the last-minute package even be useful if there are consistently no fares left in that fare class?

Last edited by SoroSuub1; Jul 21, 2015 at 12:39 pm
Old Jul 22, 2015, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat
The absurdity of this is awesome.

But imagine paying another $500 for 8 segments at one time, then doing segment runs instead SAN-PHX or SEA-PDX? One could earn 8 segments per day, or 240 per month. That could earn you Alaska MVP Gold, American ExecutivePlatinum, and Delta Silver (likely with CC waiver) from scratch in one month, plus a boatload of miles if you earn 500 mile minimums.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 12:32 pm
Used to be 'misterc.,'

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Plat
FYI: Delta is not currently listed in the Route & Carriers list: http://www.onego.com/#!faq/c1og9
Old Jul 23, 2015, 8:32 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
I've been trying to imagine the traveler for whom this service is a win. Forget for the moment the status seeker, I'm talking about a person who actually needs to travel.

I know several people who commute on routes like OAK-SNA weekly. Their schedules are predictable so they tend to book in advance when fares are lower, like $100-150 OW. At that level OneGo is not even a break-even proposition.

The last-minute flyer who faces paying higher fares will find it hard to break even, too. OneGo's $1500/month service requires booking flights 7 days in advance. The ability to book last-minute (up to 6 hours before flight) is offered for an extra $1000/month.

Also, OneGo apparently does not have an agreement with Southwest Airlines. That limits the value for anyone who needs to fly to/from SJC, OAK, SNA, SAN, and SMF.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.