FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   West (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/west-456/)
-   -   Hotels in ski areas that have lift ticket included (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/west/1657576-hotels-ski-areas-have-lift-ticket-included.html)

ou81two Feb 23, 2015 9:47 pm

Hotels in ski areas that have lift ticket included

Are there any hotels in the ski areas in the West that have lift tickets included? I have to travel to Utah, Colorodo, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, etc. I was wondering if there are any deals around if I book at a specific hotel since the company is paying for a hotel anyways.

FAIPDXFlyer Feb 25, 2015 6:54 pm

Some hotels have deals with nearby ski resorts whereby if you stay with the hotel then you get discounts for next day skiing. I have not heard of any hotel that automatically bundles lift ticket and hotel rates into one purchase however.

~FAIPDXFlyer :-)

pseudoswede Feb 26, 2015 5:23 pm

Not sure how much it helps, but Keystone Resort has a "kids ski free" promo when booking through them.

zdave Feb 26, 2015 6:02 pm

I have never heard of deals like that. There have been different specials with airline tickets, especially in Utah.Frontier also has partnered with Winter Park in the past. I would suggest starting your search there. Good luck.

AMflier Mar 18, 2015 5:27 am

Try Taos

The Hotel St. Bernard in Taos Ski Valley.

It's an old style European lodge that's owned by the director of the ski school. Lift tickets and meals are included. Lessons can also be included. It's located feet from the main lift.

The food there is amazing and the staff is wonderful. I've stayed there twice and highly recommend the hotel and the ski area.

DocDad Apr 20, 2015 11:15 pm

Buck's T-4 near Big Sky, Montana used to have a package deal that included lift tickets, nit sure if they still do. It also included a tremendous breakfast buffet. . .

Lost Apr 23, 2015 8:49 am

I know some of the ski areas in Tahoe (where I normally ski) do sleep and ski free deals with their own on site hotels, so I would assume ski areas in the Rockies would do the same.

Your best bet would be to call up the on site hotel or ski area near where you'll be and ask.

Chancensam Aug 25, 2015 8:12 am

I wanted to add that Bachelor Gulch in Beaver Creek, CO has chair lift at the resort and it's free on the day you arrive. Otherwise, you'll have to purchase a lift ticket.

aroundtheworld76 Sep 22, 2015 10:09 am

Some of the SLC area resorts offer free skiing with a same day boarding pass.

drewguy Jan 9, 2016 1:55 pm

Big Sky Resort - the "ski and stay" packages price out almost the same, if not less, with a lift ticket. That said, you're not exactly close to any businesses in Big Sky - so hopefully you'd have some flexibility.

QuesoDeCan Jan 12, 2016 7:38 am

how about the SLC area? I fly in on 5 Feb, hoping to get a discounted lift ticket for the 6th.

In yalls opinion, what's the best value for lift ticket in the SLC area....not tooooooo interested in the $100+++ lift tickets ala Deer Valley.....

bonz Jan 25, 2016 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by aroundtheworld76 (Post 25462528)
Some of the SLC area resorts offer free skiing with a same day boarding pass.

The 3 Park City resorts used to offer this and it was great. Unfortunately, that ended several years ago. I was able to utilize this at DV a few years ago.

Im not sure about the Cottonwood Canyon resorts, other than Alta where after 3pm you can ski off the Sunnyside, Albion and Cecret lifts for $10. Not bad for a little warmup after getting in.

bonz Jan 25, 2016 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by QuesoDeCan (Post 26005161)
how about the SLC area? I fly in on 5 Feb, hoping to get a discounted lift ticket for the 6th.

In yalls opinion, what's the best value for lift ticket in the SLC area....not tooooooo interested in the $100+++ lift tickets ala Deer Valley.....

Any of the Cottonwood resorts will be cheaper than the Park City 3...and its better skiing.

single day tickets at the window -

Alta - $89
Snowbird - $98
Solitude - $79
Brighton - $75

If you can buy in advance you can probably get even cheaper...also check liftopia.com for deals.

Edit: couldnt help myself...wanting to help you.

On Liftopia for the 6th you can get a single day ticket for:

Snowbird - $84
Alta- $79
Solitude- $63
Brighton- $73

Great deals, especially for a Saturday.

If you can drive up to the Ogden area you can get a a ticket at Powder Mountain for $57...

Ironically ive never skiied any of these areas but would love to. Ive skiied all the Park City resorts multiple times, but all were on work trips/conferences.

AMflier Feb 25, 2016 11:38 am

Originally Posted by bonz (Post 26080610)
Im not sure about the Cottonwood Canyon resorts, other than Alta where after 3pm you can ski off the Sunnyside, Albion and Cecret lifts for $10. Not bad for a little warmup after getting in.

I was just there.
Alta offers a 2:30pm - 4:30pm lift ticket for $40. ($36 if you have their RFID card) We did 7 runs.

Park City Resort has become obscenely expensive. The lift tickets are practically the same price as Deer Valley and the food is more expensive for an (IMO) inferior experience.