Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > West
Reload this Page >

Denver (DEN) to city transportation?

Old Jan 27, 2015, 11:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IC Spire Amb, RC Plat, Shangri-La GC, and more.

Hi all,

Not much experience with Denver. This year, my wife and I have two trips, both in the spring. I'm hedging bets by booking the first stay at the Four Seasons and the second at the Ritz-Carlton. (Any thoughts?)

Can anyone advise on airport transportation? Taxi, Limo booked through the hotel, other?

Thank you!

Last edited by FrenchLaundry; Jan 27, 2015 at 11:37 pm
Old Jan 29, 2015, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott, Starwood, et al
DIA has pretty good information on its site. Here is page on shared ride services (you can bounce around to other transportation pages from there): http://www.flydenver.com/parking_tra...it/shared-vans

I haven't looked lately, but in the past Groupon, Amazon Local, and sometimes AAA Member Deals have had airport limo offers.

In general, I would say there is nothing terribly different from other airports which are a bit out of town and not served by subway or light rail: Taxi and Limos will likely be fastest and most expensive, then shared ride services (Supershuttle, etc.), then the bus service. Maybe also check out how much to rent a car for one day to drive out from the airport, drive around some, then return the car to a downtown rental location near your hotel. I am not aware of any downtown hotels having a free airport shuttle, but others may be.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

TRRed, thanks for the helpful advice. Your link even leads to a list of hotels with shuttles!

I guess I should have been clearer - I've been in places like Chicago O'Hare where the taxi lineup is outdoors and can be a one hour wait, or even San Francisco where taxis are plentiful, but quite expensive (more expensive than a booked limo) - and just wanted to get some insight about DEN from FTers.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 9:42 pm

Programs: United, Marriott, Choice, Avis, Hertz
Of many return flights to Denver, there has only been one time I couldn't get a cab immediately. Usually not a problem. Cost to downtown will be a flat rate $55 or so and make sure they do not run the meter or charge extra for passengers. A town car would be more. For two people there is not significant savings to justify a shared ride service like SuperShuttle. An UberX is about $40.

If you wanted to rent a car a better option to save on taxes would be to rent downtown and return at the airport. Avis, Hertz, Enterprise, and Budget are all downtown. But unless you want to go to the mountains I wouldn't bother and would Uber instead. Downtown parking is spendy.
Old May 27, 2015, 1:22 am
Original Poster

Just to loop back ... the trip went well. There is a flat rate either way from downtown Denver to the Airport - $55.57. Taxis are easy to find and readily available at both ends.

Alas, neither the Four Seasons nor Ritz-Carlton (a dated former Embassy Suites) gave us a good night's sleep due to a party at the former, and omnipresent heavy cleaning supply aromas in the room at the latter.
Old May 27, 2015, 7:31 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, National Emerald Club, no airline affinity status
Well, if you come back in about 9 months you can take the FastTracks from the airport to downdown for about $10. The tracks are all done or almost done. It will end at Union Station and will take about 30 mins. A huge improvement in the transportation for Denver.
Old May 28, 2015, 7:48 am

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United MP 30+ yrs
This thread was just what I needed to know - flying into DEN today but not arriving until about 8 pm. Does anyone know how readily available UBER X cars are? And also what level or where the pick up is? Would prefer that to a regular cab as long as they are easy enough to get. Thanks for any help.
Old May 30, 2015, 10:18 am

Programs: United, Marriott, Choice, Avis, Hertz
Originally Posted by mstraveler
This thread was just what I needed to know - flying into DEN today but not arriving until about 8 pm. Does anyone know how readily available UBER X cars are? And also what level or where the pick up is? Would prefer that to a regular cab as long as they are easy enough to get. Thanks for any help.
I'd expect pretty good availability from UberX. I've only used it a couple of times. They should be able to pick you up on level 4 (labeled as arrivals as you would drive up) or level 6 (labeled for departures, usually much less crowded for a pick-up), east side or west side. Just not level 5 as that is reserved for the badged professionals. Expect about a 10-15 minute wait as they circle around to wherever you are. You'll need to communicate your exact location to the driver by phone or text.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.