Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > West
Reload this Page >

Bozeman airport and weather

Old Jul 11, 14, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA- Gold, Marriott- Silver, Hilton- Silver, UA, DL, B6

Anyone fly in/out of BZN regularly? I have the opportunity to attend an event in March that would require me to fly into BZN. On the whole, how susceptible to weather cancelations is BZN in general? I realize being a small, regional airport it likely does get its share of cancelations but some regionals are worse than others and I'm just wondering how those who may utilize that airport regularly think it stacks up. Thanks.
Old Jul 11, 14, 8:24 pm
Senior Moderator/Moderator: United MileagePlus

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Please follow the discussion as the thread moves to the West forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Jul 11, 14, 9:50 pm
TTT

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat
I fly out of BZN weekly and have for quite some time. I have had one cancellation on UA and zero on DL (my primary carrier). The UA cancelation was a result of weather in Denver.

It is a smaller airport but with excellent service. Mainline to Denver, Minneapolis, Salt Lake, Atlanta, and NYC in the peak seasons. Regional service to a handful of other cities (ORD, LAX, SFO, SEA, IAH).

The operation in BZN is well run and doesn't seem to have the weather/cancellation issues of other smaller airports that I frequent like Omaha, Des Moines, Moline, Fargo etc. that said DL, AS, F9 seem to have better operational reliability than UA in my experience and observation.

I wouldn't worry about the weather as an issue for your arrival or departure from BZN. The issue will be in the hub or in the Northeast.

If you make the trip please spend lots of money. But not on real estate, Montana is full.
Old Jul 12, 14, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA- Gold, Marriott- Silver, Hilton- Silver, UA, DL, B6
Great, thanks. I'd probably be flying UA through DEN or DL via SLC. UA is the most likely due to schedule. So far I've been lucky flying through DEN in the winter months with one exception, but it's all the luck of the draw anyway. But good to know BZN is pretty good. Thanks!

Search this Thread