Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > West
Reload this Page >

Denver airport today - place to watch the game?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Denver airport today - place to watch the game?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2012, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, SPG gold, HHgold, Marriott Platinum Mariott Silver, AA, UA
Wink Denver airport today - place to watch the game?

My son is a crazy Michigan fan and is hoping to find somewhere to watch the basketball tournament game today. Any suggestions, he will be flying frontier but not till 7:15pm. it is on espn3 so Internet acces to that channel or preferably a tv somewhere. Thanks
Old Mar 9, 2012, 12:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
What I used to connect through DEN weekly, I always had about 1 hour to kill on Thursday nights. My regular spot was the Mexican joint upstairs in the middle of the United concourse (B). There were always a couple TV's on, and always set on sports. I imagine you could get one set to the B1G tourney as long as it's not on BTN or something.

I've only flown Frontier out of DEN once or twice and I seem to recall that they're in A. At least they were then... I don't know what is over there...just I recall it being less active with bars/restaurants than B since United obviously has all of the connecting pax.

There are also a couple places in B that have a sportsbar look to them. I usually headed to the Mexican place though...the food was decent and you could almost always get a barstool.

Main terminal also has a few restaurants but he'd have to exit the secured area to get to them.

The concourses are connected by a train, all inside the secured area...takes just a couple minutes to get from one to another. If I was stuck there for 3-4 hours, I'd probably head over to B if I couldn't find my game in A.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 1:15 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, National Emerald Club, no airline affinity status
Tell him to go to the Chophouse on the A Concourse. The bar area has a tv. Though obviously he has to be 21 to sit at the bar.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, SPG gold, HHgold, Marriott Platinum Mariott Silver, AA, UA
Wink

Thanks for the suggestions. And he is 22!
Old Mar 9, 2012, 2:07 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Since this is specific to one region/airport, we'll re-locate this over to the West forum. (A gentle reminder for all members - please do not cross-post across multiple forums. Thanks for your cooperation and help! ) /JY1024, TravelBuzz co-moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.